dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Free .eps and .ai files...?

Free .eps and .ai files...?

Does such a site exist? The only thing I have found was a SMALL list over at deviantart. It'd be nice to be able to find a good database of vector resources that didn't cost anything (I love being poor!).

Thanks in advance!

What are you exactly looking for, vector resources is such a broad term?

maps, clipart, design, ...

Everything...I'm building a new site with flash and I have zero vector objects. If I didn't suck at making them, I'd just do that but since I'm not good at it...I figured there was a site out there with lots of things like clipart (I use that term LOOSELY), shapes, objects, stamps...I don't know what the technical term for any of it is. I'd like to find arrows and such, so I guess "symbols." Maybe clipart is the right term.

Originally posted by But Stars Fall
    Everything...I'm building a new site with flash and I have zero vector objects. If I didn't suck at making them, I'd just do that but since I'm not good at it...
    No offence but wouldn't it be better to build a site and incorporate stuff you are good at instead of using secondhand vectorimages made by someone else to brighten up YOUR site.

It's about you, if you suck at making vectors than try to find something you DO are good at.

//edited
    Not wanting to sound too harsh; there's some nice dingbat fonts that hold vectorobjects.
    Last edited by sense; 05-16-2004 at 06:05 AM.

i wish i had a sig

Sense: I totally agree with you, and I've done that for years. However, I absolutely hate how static my site is. I'm a photographer and so much of my competition has gone to flashy, animated sites. So I too must make the jump in order to stay near the top. I've never seen a really nice photography site anyway, so I'm challenged and out to do such a thing.

Mystix: THANK YOU! =)

www.xembler.com used to provide very nice opensource files by top notch designers.

think they're redesigning it right now thou