A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Adobe Illustrator

Adobe Illustrator

been trying to use this, as i normally do all my drawing in flash and wanted try a different package...

anyone here use illustrator and can give me some tips?
    i'm missing tools such as smoothing & the awesome flash brush tool (& brush options)... anything like these?

hey Xup,
    don't use illustrator that much...I'm one of those few who likes Coreldraw better...

But ...keep on doing your drawing in flash...musch better drawing tool than illustrator or corel...and if you want to use your drawings in illustrator (for print) you can always export your flash illustrations as an ai file.

Gerwin
    new site: www.gbillustration.nl

yeah think i will... illustrator sucks...

Originally posted by xup878
    yeah think i will... illustrator sucks...
    Yeah...I'm not an illustrator fan too...

www.gbillustration.nl

GB another CorelDraw fan!.. there aren't many of us living I don't think. At least I don't meet them often.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

Originally posted by phacker
    GB another CorelDraw fan!.. there aren't many of us living I don't think. At least I don't meet them often.
    Yeah...that's too bad, couse it's the best package in the market...even for flash...I use coreltrace to get my hand drawn illustrations always to make them vector based in flash...

www.gbillustration.nl

illustrator (the latests versions at least) have some cool filters like blur! that's nice when creating more complex vector artwork.

What i dont like when you export from flash to illustrator, is that the colors are completelly changed.

Anyway, have you seen the work of juniatwork? she states she does it all in flash, and the quality is great, so i think there's nothign flash can't do.
    my blog: blog.innocuo
    Sponsored by your mom.

no...I´m not familiar with her work. Can you give me a link?

www.gbillustration.nl

Originally posted by gbillustration
    no...I´m not familiar with her work. Can you give me a link?

http://juniatwork.mrtio.com/

Teh Helpist
    I always think there photographs until I use the zoom! Man that persons an amazing artist.

that's really fantastic artwork....I'd love to see a tutorial about this.....

www.gbillustration.nl

Originally posted by gbillustration
    that's really fantastic artwork....I'd love to see a tutorial about this.....
    Here a site a came across sometime ago with basic tutorials http://www.vectorkid.com/main.html

Have fun

thanx man

www.gbillustration.nl

I'm an illustrator user and have never realy liked any releases from corel. So I was wondering, what is it that makes corel draw work for you?

I don't know about anyone else but the user interface is just a lot more intuitive to me. Version 10 and up have had some bugs, but I still prefer Corel to Illustrator, or any Adobe products for what it's worth and I use all of them. Corel just fits my style of working. Also they have had things like align text to path, and a bitmap to vector converter (Trace, at no extra cost) for years. Adobe has just added things like that, or you have to buy Streamline and use it in coordination with their programs. They also allowed for exporting as a swf long before Adobe did.

If you haven't really given Corel products a spin, you should.
    Last edited by phacker; 05-24-2004 at 04:51 PM.
    Click here to visit Scooter's World, the Chihuahua/Pekinese who thinks she is a Doberman, and has the soul of a true "artiste". Computer graphics, animation, logos, mascots (Vector work a specialty.).

Flash supreme

gbillustration said it all in one sentence. Flash is the superior vector drawing program for the web. Remember folks Illustrator, Freehand and Corel are vector programs for Print and will not give you optimized vectors as Flash can. But you have to have the right approach and techniques if you want to get the desired graphics in Flash. Check out this book "Illustrating with Macromedia Flash MX 2004". It is the definitive book on this topic.

I'm giving away some copies of the book, don't miss out.

www.vectorkid.com

-vectorkid

LOL

Anyone here read Computer Arts magazine? I will have a photorealistic tutorial in the July issue. Someone was asking for tutorials on that quality of work, you will see it first, in my book and in that July issue.

I'm taking requests if anyones interested.

Cheers,
    vectorkid

Re: LOL

Originally posted by vectorkid
    Anyone here read Computer Arts magazine? I will have a photorealistic tutorial in the July issue. Someone was asking for tutorials on that quality of work, you will see it first, in my book and in that July issue.

Cheers,
    vectorkid

Congrats VK I did read that you have a feature in the next issue,

Can you sign a copy of CA for me..lol

Re: Flash supreme

gbillustration said it all in one sentence. Flash is the superior vector drawing program for the web. Remember folks Illustrator, Freehand and Corel are vector programs for Print and will not give you optimized vectors as Flash can. But you have to have the right approach and techniques if you want to get the desired graphics in Flash. Check out this book "Illustrating with Macromedia Flash MX 2004". It is the definitive book on this topic.

I'm giving away some copies of the book, don't miss out.

www.vectorkid.com

-vectorkid
    You are GIVING away copies??? How can I get one

www.gbillustration.nl

Re: LOL

Cheers,
    vectorkid
    VERY INTERESTING!!

I do read CA every month...cant'wait to read that article...BTW how did you get in contact withe them??

about your website: very great stuff on it...like it a lot
    Gerwin

www.gbillustration.nl