A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animator Needed

Animator Needed

I am working on a flash action/ platform game and currently looking for someone who can handle the animations for the game. I have already created the story line and the game engine and all I need is the animations. I also have a couple of websites which feature some of my earlier work. I'm sorry I cannot offer any money up front for the project. However, I plan on selling the game to a site or mobile game distributor, and will split the profits. If anyone is interested than please reply or send my an email.

To get people interested, try showing your progress, screenshots, anything thats something more than just 'Im making a game'. I'd elaborate more, but I've already answered these posts so many times...

That is pretty good advice. However, how can I post screen shots of a game that doesn't exist? I could just post samples of the engine I have created for the game using boxes and circles to represent the characters, but that would be a huge waste my time and anyone else who wanted to play a run-and-jump game with boxes-and-circles. What I need is someone who likes to animate and dosen't want to program, or dosen't know how to program in flash. If I find an animator or just decide to animate the game myself, then check the thread and I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

We dont expect artistic skill posted by a programmer. A circle and box engine is more than enough and shown many times in situations like these.

Always Twirling Toward Freedom pooon's Avatar
    fospher is right. These treads are a dime a dosen and unless you can make your stand out from the rest, don't expect much response. Circle and square is fine because it'll only take minutes to throw together and at least the animators will know theres something real you're asking for help with.