A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: check site 3d

Hybrid View

check site 3d

can you check my web site?
    it is under construction yet are active the first and the second button on the wall and relative subsection, thanks!bye
    www.abissweb.com/3d/index02.htm
    www.abissweb.com

*section J6*

wow just great! love it!! ahhhhhh.
    good job amigo*

oh what pro u use for all that..!!

*section J6*
    The art of one, is the work of a thousand.

Chris.T

Originally posted by pac`sj6
    *section J6*

wow just great! love it!! ahhhhhh.
    good job amigo*

oh what pro u use for all that..!!

*section J6*
    i use 3d studiomax for 3d and flash,
    thanks, bye
    www.abissweb.com

other comments?
    www.abissweb.com

You really are impatient huh?

Anyway, site looks ok. Has some very nice effects but seems a bit cluttered
    non-consistent to me. There's some colors that are really 'off' and the layout changes toom uch IMO.

One more thing, just in general, why does every 3D site has to have that stupid shade of blue whoswe is using? whoswe is played out, move on...
    Last edited by sense; 05-21-2004 at 07:37 AM.

This is a classic case of using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. Technically impressive apart from: Far too much tricksy meaningless animation which on a mac was jerky. Because of this the loading times were too long. The gradated areas became banded as in low res jpgs which really ruined any slick presentation that's lurking in there somewhere.
    If it ain't broke - break it!

Hi Jimsher
    GOOD Work boy
    i like it very much
    Good Luck

David K.

Oh my God. Dude, don't listen to those people here getting on you for "showing off" or "using a sledgehammer to crack a nut" crap. You have 3D skills, you can use them on a site, it looks good, congrats! Some people in this world still think the web is supposed to be black text on white background with a picture of people smiling here and there. It's not 1999 anymore!

Now, saying that, I will say your navigation and menus needs to be tweeked. It's not very intuitive. Come up with one style for all your pages, don't use floating buttons for your roll overs and try to stick to grays, blacks and whites (since that's what the homepage is) and use only one or two colors for accents.

Outside of that, great 3D skills and great animation. People who say otherwise are usually those who can't and are jealous.

If your computer is making the gradients ugly and the animation jerky, then this site isn't for your machine. It's like trying to watch a DVD when you only have a VHS tape recorder!

It's not 1999 anymore!

Nope, it's 2004, sites should already have been build from inside of ufo's and I think they need more bling, swoop, swish and 3D'erish jabber.

I can stand you taking a piss at static pages but generally that's what 80% of www visitors expect from a site.
    They don't need no uber techno futuristic experiences.

for people that can't see the site, because pc is too obsolete,
    I make another version at this link
    www. abissweb.com (lowband)
    www.abissweb.com

What do you think a website is?

****************EDITED*****************

Edit: Calm down.
    Last edited by Veniogenesis; 05-26-2004 at 06:27 PM.

"We have enough problems downloading IMPORTANT information without having this irrelevant bandhogging crap clogging the airwaves and preventing the serious information seeker from finding what he/she seeks /."

haha, exactly.

I knew I'd have 'SENSE' on my side

and for someone like me who needs to

watch a dvd in a vhs machine
    then the people who only make their movie on dvd lose out on a sale.......thats why VHS IS STILL HERE !

i got about 3 seconds into the jump nasty site and had to back out becuase I could deal with the "Uber Future look" of 3d

Sorry for not being new age, but I still think that a web site needs to be made so all can see. But other than that the 3d is cool as hell im still trying to learn how to do it.....but just for fun, not for a client.

To Villain2

Hi Villain2
    You are aptly named - I just took a peek at your website! Please give us a break - there are absolutely NO smiley people? Surely an oversight

At no point have I criticised the look of the the site which , in my opinion, is adequate, apart from, poor typograhy, cheesy (1999) revolving loading balls and generally unconsidered graphics. The technical restrictions of the medium, which have not been addressed and resulted in ugly graphics, poor loading times and resultant boredom...ZZZZZZZ

Touched a nerve did we?

The web isn't microfiche, it isn't television, it's a combination of entertainment and information. People who want every site to have 100% animation are wrong, people who want it 100% information are wrong. There's a blending of the two which makes it great.

The guy's site is FOR animation, this is called a 3D SITE CHECK if you didn't notice, not a corporate web structure site check. For a site devoted to 3D art, this is good.

If he did this for MobileGas, I'd say it was all wrong. The web is entertainment as much as it is info. Get over it, stop being jealous and stop hating.

Animation is not meaningless, it actually makes people remember those sites more than the 100000 static sites that all look the same. And do you HONESTLY think the web is going to be a 2dimensional form of media forever?

Whoever made the DVD comment missed the point (no big shock on this thread). Yes, we still have VHS because some people still use it. Others pay for DVD because they want the extra stuff, the cool menus, the interesting content, the extra scenes. Same here, some people want the basics, some people want to be wowed. Plain and simple. It's not all one or the other, it's both. That's the point! Sheesh!
    Last edited by villain2; 05-21-2004 at 04:07 PM.

villain, what creditibility do you have to make statements like this? I just dont understand why you always think your right...

"People buy dvds for the cool menus" ...yeah, cause what, youve worked in the dvd research labs? or wait, maybe you worked with sony production?

"The internet is this, the internet is that" blah blah blah, in all reality, your nothing but a internet browser like everybody else, your words are as useless to me as 2nd *******.

You can make the comparison the other way around villain.
    This site is the VHS with long loading and lagging navigation while
    in fact the plain simple site is DVD with easy access and clear structure.

Alltho I totally agree with you that it's not the one nor the other.
    This guy sells itself as a 3D artist, so the site perfectly fits it's purpose.
    I'm not dissing his work nor his skills but it's just the fact that
    most designers have the urge to push every site, no matter what
    industry they build for into that 'Uber techno' looking interface.

Guess it's just the easy way out. To me it's just boring design.
    Last edited by sense; 05-21-2004 at 04:41 PM.

anyone heard the mantra - "LESS IS MORE"