A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: check site 3d

Originally posted by villain2
    If your computer is making the gradients ugly and the animation jerky, then this site isn't for your machine. It's like trying to watch a DVD when you only have a VHS tape recorder!
    uh.....you said it???

and you really are a pompous, self righteous ass. You think every one is always wrong but your self..... I AM THE AOE GOD !!!!!!!!

what ever dude.....

All I was saying is that not every one can view these sites, I said nothing about it sucking or being $H!T.....I think it was very nicvley done.....just sick of all the same 3d techno stuff.......its all the same in one regard or another. All poeple are doing any more is remaking styles that work...........MAKE SOME NEW ONES........

The web isn't microfiche, it isn't television, it's a combination of entertainment and information. People who want every site to have 100% animation are wrong, people who want it 100% information are wrong. There's a blending of the two which makes it great.
    Now I've heard the 'microfiche' cliche again I know I'm wasting my time. What is "ENTERTAINING" about rotating balls? VHS_DVD _IVF?
    If it ain't broke - break it!

I have ear-mites! Help! MONSTERBOY's Avatar
    pretty nice 3d!

but I think i caught you using someone else's music loop under the portfolio section.

stolen music link

oh well, i've done it too and sometimes it goes unnoticed.

PS - i don't really like that loop anyway, I think you could use something that was similar to the opening sounds it would be better and more consistent to the overall thing.
    Last edited by MONSTERBOY; 05-21-2004 at 06:12 PM.

Re: What do you think a website is?

Originally posted by muldoon_smooth
    You really are all a bunch of self -important ******s. What do you think a website is? A method of SELF PROMOTION or a communication tool that sells the assets of your CLIENTS to the wider audience?..
    THINK ABOUT IT , because most of you haven't!!
    THE MOST IMPORTANT aspect of your clients' website is to sell your ****ing client !!! NOT YOU!!. The more crap I see in these posts from arseholes thinking they can toss up their own sphincters makes me ****ing sick.
    IT'S ALL ABOUT SELLING THE CLIENT - NOT YOU!!
    Put yourself in the clients' position: "Do I want my potential punters to wait for a load of crappy, time-wasting, unnecessary, irrellevant, silly , albeit smarty arsed graphics or DO I WANT TO SELL THE PRODUCT, Convey the information efficiently, BUILD BUSINESS for my client - GAIN HITS , COME BACK, because it's sticky, fast and convenient or WHAT???
    ASK YOURSELF!!!
    You are not a product , you are a TOOL that is intended to promote your client NOT YOU.
    We have enough problems downloading IMPORTANT information without having this irrelevant bandhogging crap clogging the airwaves and preventing the serious information seeker from finding what he/she seeks /.
    Client sites are one thing. Developer and designer sites are another. Each client site should be approached according to the service or product they sell. Who their target market is and so on so forth. There is no universal platfrom for web design/development.

The site shows incredible 3D skills. I find it more apppealing than not.

Good Job!
    Freebies:
    Sound Loops | Sound Effects | Images | Code Pigs | 6ood coff33

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.

To address tango:

my credibility is I currently work for a corporate company (Fieldstone Mortgage) because they wanted a new look for their tired old site. I'm in charge of developing web applications, flash applications, training and sales videos etc. etc. I've also done marketing work for TNT about their audience's trends and likes. People do use DVD's for extra content, better visual quality, ease of use, and features you don't get with VHS. Jesus Christ, if you don't understand that ...

To address Muldoon Smooth:
    You have no examples available to see, there are no rotating balls on my site (besides the one's in you flick over and under with your tongue), and my site isn't there to be the most advanced, it's there to have a bit more than being static. And dude, I actually HAVE clients.

To the "less is more" comment ... sometimes less is just less kid. Or maybe we should all just make our sites with white backgrounds, black text and call it a day without trying to do anything else.

To NRD:
    Are you even reading my post or are you just seeing that I didn't agree with you and immediately hit the "reply" button? When did I ever say I am always right? I'm voicing my opinion. I'm also voicing the FACT that the web isn't nor should be ALL 3d, techno swoosh sites or ALL black text/white background. It depends on the purpose of the site.

The main thing is ... muldoon rouge and sense were going on about using sledgehammers to crack nuts (it's a 3D site, it's supposed to be like that) and that all these animations and crap overload bandwidth from real information getting through and blah blah blah ... if you really feel that all these nice animations are a waste you're on the wrong site ... this is FLASHkit afterall, not html coding 101 ... and you're view of the web is limited.

But I'll agree with you all to get this over with. We should all stop using flash, stop tweaking images, and do white backgrounds with black text and have one picture here or there. If we REALLY want to get creative we can use style sheets to change the colors of the tables! Wow! And that's it! No more! No 3D, it's a waste of bandwidth.

Down with Macromedia and Adobe! Do your sites in Microsoft Word!

Originally posted by villain2
    Down with Macromedia and Adobe! Do your sites in Microsoft Word!
    lol
    Freebies:
    Sound Loops | Sound Effects | Images | Code Pigs | 6ood coff33

The marvel of all history is the patience with which men and women submit to burdens unnecessarily laid upon them by their governments.

"If we REALLY want to get creative we can use style sheets to change
    the colors of the tables! Wow! And that's it! No more! No 3D, it's a
    waste of bandwidth."

Do you really think the only creativity on the net lies in sites that
    use heavy graphics.
    I enjoy wel structured sites more then any jabberish swooshing interface.
    Ok, that's personal taste and I think there should be diversity on the
    net but you can't disagree that 60% of todays produced websites drown
    in unusable ubertechno interfaces unfit for the purpose of the site.
    And I'm not only talking about the general 16 year old guy who just
    did his first site, tho.

I'll making this site in this way,
    just because i want show my capacity and for people that wants see good animation (and i hope that mine are good).
    If someone doesn't want wait to see the animation can visit the lowband version, that However I must change.
    I think that now every company at the moment, have a hight band (and my target are the companies)and so I make this site,
    www.abissweb.com

I have ear-mites! Help! MONSTERBOY's Avatar
    found another music loop that is someone else's under the
    cd-rom and dvd section

Neostream, where the music comes from, go to their 'skills' section

sorry man but to take music from these top companies is sort of silly
    Last edited by MONSTERBOY; 05-22-2004 at 12:48 PM.

Don't warry man, I'm making music,
    now I've used it to try,
    but I'll change it.

Sorry for my bad english
    www.abissweb.com

Yeah, well FlashKit has a lot of sound loops you can use. It's not a good idea to use sound loops from other designer's sites when there are plenty out there. Don't use 2A's music and button effects either, you'll get shredded to pieces on here!

There are a few other sites where you can get great loops from too if you don't make music yourself. I'd suggest doing a search here for some others.

I agree with Enigma doing two versions of his site: one for high bandwidth and one for low. If he's targeting both audiences, it's good for him to do both. Some sites (Ebay, Amazon etc.) don't need high bandwidth graphics, others (most movie sites and entertainment sites) might want to spruce things up with. Your 3D work is good. End of story.
    Last edited by villain2; 05-22-2004 at 04:59 PM.

I'm agee with you.
    thanks
    www.abissweb.com

If your computer is making the gradients ugly and the animation jerky, then this site isn't for your machine. It's like trying to watch a DVD when you only have a VHS tape recorder!
    The way I understand it is that a site should work on ALL platforms. Your analogy is faulty. I heard it said that if you wanna ride a bus you gotta have a ticket - well I've got a ticket but the bus has broken down!
    if you really feel that all these nice animations are a waste you're on the wrong site ... this is FLASHkit afterall, not html coding 101 ... and you're view of the web is limited.
    I've got nothing against Flash used intelligently, it is an extremely dynamic tool for communication - apart from not being recognised by search engines, that is.
    but you can't disagree that 60% of todays produced websites drown in unusable ubertechno interfaces
    Couldn't agree more.

Cheers
    If it ain't broke - break it!

Its really hard to determine if a site like this is good design or not. It displays some good 3d modeling and animation. Now, as a web designer, I would say that the navigation could have a little more thought put into it.

Web designers need to keep in mind that the design of a website depends of a list of things, but there are a few questions you need to ask yourseld and or your client before you go with a design:

Who is the target audience
    What are we advertising
    and who do you WANT this site to be viewed by

So before you guys start flaming eachother, understand that everyone designs under different circumstances.
    The New Guy.

This thread has a bad odor. Hopefully it'll get better.
    Just a warning.

Cheers,
    Venio
    Flash Kit Moderator . Duke University
    Thomas Jefferson High School for Science and Technology

wtf?

no offense is meant to anyone here, but flash is an art tool that has evolved into a very easy to use and maintain art/coding/swiss army knife.

i thought the site was really nice and i had no problems loading it, im on a dsl line so bandwith wasnt a problem, and i think if your worried about all the mom and pop shops trying to get info from the net about which place has the cheapest stuff for a new $1 store becuase they wanna be hip and with it, im sure they wont be going to this guys site.

and the fact that it said 3d site check shoudl have clued you in right away that there was gonna be a 3d object used as a menu and it was gonna move. its common sense if you dont like those types of things you shoudlnt have view this topic.

I for one wish i could turn what i see in y head to what i see on the screen liek this guy does, its called talent and the ability to create interactive 3d artwork that im sure people will want to hire him for.

i get the point about dvd in vhs also, if you cant play a dvd dont buy it, if the site dosnt work dont go to it simple.

as for less is more, sometimes thats true like on the low carb diet
    thats all form me a green wanna be flasher who likes 3d
    GhooooostGIrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl
    https://signup.leagueoflegends.com?ref=4b5493e6c7342
    use the link above if you download league of legends.

change

I c nothing has changed since my last vist lot's of *****ing still lol.

I liked the 3d work of what i saw of it but load load load load load load load load load.

sorry but on 56k it's just no use.
    I have all ways said low load times fast and usefull.

nice work 3d work thou.

cheers jay.

ps there is lots of skill in small load time sites and reward is much better it's like writing large game on 48k spec

is ready a new section, first cube on the wall,
    central cube down (video), who wants can view it, bye.
    www.abissweb.com

Banned by av
    Yo, all I got to say is that is some DOPE 3d work man!!! i dunno what all these other fools are talkin about as far as it aint good, they dont know what the F*!K they are talkin about.. NICE WORK!!!!

No Veno, close this thread and let the kid open up a new one in the "I actually use 3D and flash for high end users who like graphics and futuristic looking sites" section because the Anti-Complex Website Consortium has gone to great lengths to argue the point that futuristic/ubertechno style sites are bad and simple sites with no animation, no graphics, no futuristic look are the only way it should be done.

I'm not even going to respond to Muldoon Rouge's comments until I see some of his/her work ... which I doubt I ever will. Sorry, the thing with me is that if you're going to complain about design, then let me see you do better. That's just me.

Again, this site is great, just needs to work on the navigation.
    Last edited by villain2; 05-28-2004 at 10:03 AM.