dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Animator Needed for Dragonforce 2

Animator Needed for Dragonforce 2

After the success of Dragonforce (http://www.tyrino.com/dragonforce.html) I have decided to make a second version. I already have an artist, but I need an animator for the special effects (explosions, etc.) and cut-scenes (cinematics) for the game. There will be a storyline and many more requested options such as multiple lives, multiple ship choices, more weapons, and on. I also have a friend that will be contributing a lot of ideas. The project will start at the beginning of June, and will last (hopefully) one month. I will be visiting my relatives in China at the end of June, so the project needs to be finished by then. If not, it will have to be completed when I get back (about 3 weeks later). So what I'm asking is full dedication to this project for one month.
    As for the payment goes, I am sure we can work out a fair percentage of the total income from the game if the game is sold.
    Here is another game I have made to show that I am able to finish projects.
    http://pnflashgames.com/index.php?mo...display&id=193

If you have anymore questions, be sure to ask.

Thank you for your time.

DBarbarian
    Last edited by dbarbarian; 05-22-2004 at 10:14 AM.

Oh.. You have animators help you out? I thought you did all of the work... .

This will be the first game in which I have an aritst/animator do the graphics for me. All of my other games have been my own artwork, and well, they are not exactly good.
    This is why I would like to work with somebody to produce a better final product.

I think that your previous games are great, and I don't want you to work with others.

It kinda ruins the whole product, if you ask me.

Go to Ebolaworld.com

This guy used to make all of his cartoons by himself (sound, voices, drawing, animation, etc). He now has people draw his backgrounds, and others help him with sound and voices. It pretty much ruins the whole site, so I don't go there anymore.

Its your choice, though.

Thanks for the compliment.
    I do not think it ruins the product though. I can't animate at all, so it would be impossible for me to do cut-scenes, which is something i really want in this game, because the plot will be super cool (hopefully). The artist I have working with me right now is very talented, and his work is amazing. I really fail to see how it would ruin the product.

i think i can animate :P, i'm more of a artist 2 be onest, but the animations i make are more like you will find on a Gameboy color, simple yet beautiful animations. Maybe a co operation with the artist?? here's some quick work, if interested, i can make some more
    i am busy with a portfoio online, only i allways want everything perfect..so the site also has 2 be perfect, in other words...it'll take a while

(by the way i make games also)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hu there. I remember your game. The art was really sweet.
    Yes, the animator will work with the artist.
    Do you have more than one style, or is anime type animations the only thing you can do (they look great, but it might not be the style i'm looking for). I still need to talk to my artist and see what kind of style he perfers, so the style is not that important right now.
    Lastly, can I see some of your animations?
    Thank you.

DBarbarian

i got many styles, i can do anime, cartoon, zelda windwaker kind of style.. you name it, but as i said, i'm working on a site real hard, so i can show my work to the world, but i ll see what other work i can show u

About your site. If you did become a part of the team, would you be able to dedicate your time to the game when required, or would the game be second from your list of things to do. Just asking because there isnt much time for this project, so it would be best to finish as fast as possible.

BTW, do you have an instant messanger such as MSN or AIM that we can talk though?

yep i have, k_rim5@hotmail.com i got some effect/animations ready

HACHI-ROKU!!!!
    I can help you out with some 3D animation...
    Life is what you make it!

hmoob-ky: sorry, but I gave the job to CrystalComet already. But if anything is to happen, I will contact you. Thank you for your offer.