dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 3d Flash Game

3d Flash Game

Does anybody knows about any good 3d flash game.
    I'm trying to identify if it would be a good thing do my efforts in this area.
    Other languages are much better do deal with 3d engines for gaming but a little bit more must be done.
    With flash MX 2004 back culling face can be done and using masks images can be applied to the objects but the processor becomes slow.
    Any suggestions?

Re: 3d Flash Game

Doing a full realtime 3d game in flash right now doesnŽt make much sense.
    It may seem like its easier to set up a game in flash but especially when doing realtime 3d,you have to optimise your code to the extreme to make it run halfway smooth on top notch pcs.
    so at the end youŽd have to optimise and reoptimise and the result would seem very minimalistic and not pleasing to those not into flash development and therefore not knowing about the technical achievment.
    i donŽt want to spoil your idea,just try to give a realistic view on the topic.
    i suggest you better do a 2d game now and do a 3d game with the next flash version
    Last edited by tomsamson; 05-24-2004 at 11:23 AM.

I can only agree to tom. Doing a "real" 3D game in Flash is hard to do and the visual results will look very outdated compared current 3D games, even to thos made done in Director. If you want to try it anyway I would recommend using Director instead of Flash.
    Be a worm and catch fruits in a parallax scenario:

http://www.nibbly.com/flug.html

doItLikeThis
    BTW:- I thought you had a 3d flash game to show off......please read the "Sticky: [ Guide ] : Read Me First!!!" on the top sticky threads in the game section........
    -Aditya

free-webmaster-resource.com deamothul's Avatar
    Originally posted by adit_ya_sharma
    BTW:- I thought you had a 3d flash game to show off......please read the "Sticky: [ Guide ] : Read Me First!!!" on the top sticky threads in the game section........
    Because you thought that!

He was just asking a normal question mate, no real need to read the sticky first with these kinda questions only cause you thought he had a 3d game
    ( which isnt really possible anyway)

doItLikeThis
    Originally posted by deamothul
    Because you thought that!

He was just asking a normal question mate, no real need to read the sticky first with these kinda questions only cause you thought he had a 3d game
    ( which isnt really possible anyway)
    Well I did'nt see any question marks '?' in the subject heading mate... , anyway I did'nt mean to be harsh, I just gave a suggestion.......
    -Aditya

Ihoss
    if your going to make a 3d flash game then you either want to make a game where you cant change the y position. if you can oly change on the x and z axis then it will be alot easier as you can use prerendered graphics. have a look at swift 3d for help.

There is a lot of help on 3d in flash and im about to make a tutorial soon too, so dont give up

http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti...pt/3dindex.htm

guess you'll already have seen these tuts, but here's a link anyway.
    These are about the best tutorials on 3d in flash ever written by senocular....he rulez

doItLikeThis
    Originally posted by deamothul
    http://www.kirupa.com/developer/acti...pt/3dindex.htm

guess you'll already have seen these tuts, but here's a link anyway.
    These are about the best tutorials on 3d in flash ever written by senocular....he rulez
    Hmmm....nice stuff dude, thanks!!!!
    -Aditya

no problem, you'll love it , i know i did for sure.
    I nowadays almost always use the style he shows in these tutorials.

This has been a great place to get answers to my questions.
    I'm working in a 3D game in Flash MX 2004 and I intend to share it with the full code as soon as it becomes playable.
    Thank you all by your replies.