dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Beta] Dtunnel 3D

[Beta] Dtunnel 3D

Hi all. I got bored of studying for finals, so I decided to play around with a "3D" engine I started a while back. I have now come across a decision.
    Should I have momentum on the ship, or not.
    While I'm at it, some suggestions about gameplay and other stuff would be awesome. Please post the fps.

Version WITHOUT Momentum
    Version WITH Momentum

Note: Graphics are temporary.
    No Preloaders yet either.

Thanks for your help.

DBarbarian

Nice engine! I would definately use a momentum. This way the "space" feeling is more emphasised and it feels more interesting to play. The fps is around 20-21 and uses about 10% of CPU resource on my 2600+ Athlon, Opera 7 computer.
    Be a worm and catch fruits in a parallax scenario:

http://www.nibbly.com/flug.html

doItLikeThis

Another addictive game by dbarbarian

OMG.... ...very nice game dude . Use the momentum one, as youmex already said, its a beauty!!!

Edit:- How about putting some ships to dodge that will come straight towards you from the blackhole from time-to-time, create some scoring things that you can take to add more score. If you don't imply these ideas, then also its a great game already.
    Last edited by adit_ya_sharma; 05-26-2004 at 01:43 AM.
    -Aditya

yes, momentum... It can make the game slightly harder and gives a feeling of space...
    "wen i found my gerbil dead my other gerbil was eating it i just cried and screamed"
    http://www.livescripts.net

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Last edited by some moderator : Today at 9:01 PM.

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    17-20, but thats with loads of stuff open. And yes, keep the momentum in, its much better with it in IMO
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

Very good! One suggestion. Most flying games are press up for going down and press down for going up. My natural tendency when playing with your engine was to do just that....and I died.

It's up to you; good work.

_eck

Thanks for all the comments. I also talked to Leason over at pnFlashGames and he came up with some good suggestions.

I shall use the engine with the momentum.

adit_ya_sharma: I don't think I will have ships fly at you, because the further you get in the tunnel, the wilder it gets, so it is already extremely tough to stay inside the tunnel. Adding more stuff to dodge will make it impossible. Thanks for the suggestion though.

dreckleburg: I will have an option where you can invert the y-axis.

On the the suggestions by Leason. Have different ships with different handling abilities. Then, you can unlock ships if you get far enough, and the new ship will be able to get you further.

Once again though, this has turned into a much more complex game, and I might not have time to finsih, becuase finals are going on, and Dragonforce 2 will begin when summer begins. So this might become another unfinished project that will have to be finished later.

Thanks for all the comments, keep 'em coming.

DBarbarian

Edit: BTW, did anybody have trouble with the depth of the ship. I mean, did you know how how far away the ship is and which circle circle you needed to avoid? I was thinking of putting the last circle as a different color, so it's easier to see, what do you think?

Also, would you like it if you could choose the color of the tunnel?
    Last edited by dbarbarian; 05-26-2004 at 04:25 PM.

Official Shoe Shiner thehumanchimp's Avatar
    the depth of the ship seems fine to me
    Message on a gravestone: I finished before you in the human race.

Using: Flash MX

Yay!! School's out!! Time to finish this puppy. Anoyone interested in doing some 3D art for this game?