A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Ok I have read and read, but I am getting no where. Please for the love of god help

Ok I have read and read, but I am getting no where. Please for the love of god help

Ok I have developed an interactive map, by which the user clicks a button and information pops up into the dynamic box taking this from nodes in my XML file.

The client has requested the availability in typing information into the dynamic box (area), so really I need to change this into an input box, fine.

But then to click a save button, for the xml file to be passed the information, thus next time the information is presented on click of a button, as many buttons are applied to many nodes in the xml tree, i.e cw1, cw2, cw3 and so on.

I CANNOT DO IT!

I stress this because I am at my end, its taking me ages to get the data into a flash window from each node, and there are many. But now I am attempting to undertake the impossible. I have looked at tutorials from sencular, who really does know his stuff, but cannot do it.

It would be really kind if someone could help me for a simple approach dispite it not being simple as I dont have much time, and I am rushed.

So I am in desperate need right about now, so please help me.

So my aim is for the client to input data into the area after clicking a button, as currently I just have bogus text in each field, but they will be able to overwrite this in real time.

I am sure that asp, xml and flash are required to achieve this, thats fine, but I need help.

Tell me with it being an internal thing could we pass the information in holding into a secondr swf file.?

This is not for the internet, but an internal intra net.

Kindest regards for anyone willing to reply

a tip

Hello,

I am not quite sure what you are trying to achieve but if you
    have macromedia flash mx, try the help file => actionscript dictionary
    try: search, type: xml

I think the send and load tags will help you to achieve what you need.

I hope this is helpful.

Grtz Fennek

xml

Oh, almost forgot:

read: using the xml object in the help file