A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: looking for a site alot of us liked?

Feed me , **** me and shut the

looking for a site alot of us liked?

well the site was gree or dark green and It had really awsome effects, the main page of the site there was a picture of some landscape almost in the middel a bit to the left. Some where saying it was the new 2a or better then 2a. The logo of the site was kind of bright green.

Its a long time since I saw that site but I just wanted to take a peek and see if they have relesed any new stuff!

anyone?

by the way I found it: http://www.slayerment.com/pg/
    Last edited by Jeay; 05-27-2004 at 12:36 PM.

http://www.pioneergraphics.com/ <- I found it, but they changed the site, I just know its them because the portfolio is the same. what a shame.

new site isn't that good. Feels washed out and just doesn't feel professional.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

Yuck - very 2001 of them.

RH
    "Why does it hurt when I pee?" -- F. Zappa |

the old version is still online:
    http://www.slayerment.com/pg/

I loved their old site. Way better than the new one. Like hanratty21 said, what were they thinking?

the new site is okay, the old site is nicer. a few reasons why they could have changed their style so drastically:

1. the lead designer of the old site left, and no one at pioneer graphics was as good.

2. the old site was designed nicely, however it was a pain to update, so they opted for a more data driven site where they could update content quicker rather than churn out new .swfs for every update.

3. they had complaints from clients that their old site was a whopping 5.5 megs to load (look at your cache).

4. something else altogether.

It's interesting why companies change the look of sites. most times it's an improved way of selling themselves. It's not always about impressing the flashkit/ultrashock people. Only Pioneer graphics knows for sure, and there was obviously a reason for the change.

The company I work for has recently updated their site. It has some similarities of our old one, but has been re-worked with many more data-driven sections to help us update the site more frequently (as well as recieved a graphical upgrade). It has become more than just a simple "build and forget about it" website. We were looking to make it evolve over time with new content. Maybe that's the same with these guys.

Eric

Spew. That is all I have to say.

Edit:

Had a look at the old one, it is quite good. Nice work.
    Last edited by absolutezero; 05-27-2004 at 12:32 AM.

Originally posted by unrealreality
    the new site is okay, the old site is nicer. a few reasons why they could have changed their style so drastically:

1. the lead designer of the old site left, and no one at pioneer graphics was as good.

2. the old site was designed nicely, however it was a pain to update, so they opted for a more data driven site where they could update content quicker rather than churn out new .swfs for every update.

3. they had complaints from clients that their old site was a whopping 5.5 megs to load (look at your cache).

4. something else altogether.

It's interesting why companies change the look of sites. most times it's an improved way of selling themselves. It's not always about impressing the flashkit/ultrashock people. Only Pioneer graphics knows for sure, and there was obviously a reason for the change.

The company I work for has recently updated their site. It has some similarities of our old one, but has been re-worked with many more data-driven sections to help us update the site more frequently (as well as recieved a graphical upgrade). It has become more than just a simple "build and forget about it" website. We were looking to make it evolve over time with new content. Maybe that's the same with these guys.

Eric
    I mailed them and they mailed me back saying that they are still design for modem connections and that site took a long time to load, 5.5mb. I think its a one man show. slayerment was hired by them to design that old site of pioneergraphics, and so he did, they cant produce that greate work cuz they arent talalted enough. In the mail they\he said that they are workin on a new site.

Originally posted by Jeay
    I mailed them and they mailed me back saying that they are still design for modem connections and that site took a long time to load, 5.5mb. I think its a one man show. slayerment was hired by them to design that old site of pioneergraphics, and so he did, they cant produce that greate work cuz they arent talalted enough. In the mail they\he said that they are workin on a new site.
    see? there's always a valid reason for things.

Eric

Half of you sound like you're just bashing their work. Just because a website doesn't seem "uber sweet" to you doesn't mean it's terrible. Besides, I doubt they were designing the site to appease the flashkit/ultrashock people. It's for a business.

I don't think it's "amazing oh my god praise praise worship worship", but then again, I don't really think of sites like that. I think they did a nice job making the site and probably put a lot of effort into it.

You say they "aren't talented enough" to make an "amazing" site, but I think they are pretty talented to do what they did. Why do you guys enjoy bashing so much?

Ugh.. Stuck up inconsiderate @#$%&#.

Hmm... well, it's pretty obvious why people are being critical over a site, such as this, because this forum's direction is based on critiqueing "cool sites" not "thanks for the effort sites".

To see a difference in the original and the 2nd version be this dramatic is going to perk some comments. I definitely would have kept the original, and busted my butt to learn how the lead designer did it and not downgraded to the current.