A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Menu problems...

Menu problems...

Here I'm again..
    I'm beggining tto be a resident here.. This is third day in a row I'm posting on this board..

Again problem is the same.. I have problems with my menu..
    Menu is attached, so please if someone could help me with it.. Menu is completed, but it isn't functioning regulary.. So PLEASE help...

Regards.
    Filip
    Attached Files Attached Files

Still Causing Trouble grumblemarc's Avatar
    It's waaaay too complicated. I don't think you'll ever get it to rok this way. I kind of got it to work but not quite. It was waaaay buggy. Why can;t you make each menu item a seperate sprite with the movement built into it and have the sprite play (move) on click and on rollout move back to it's original position. I'll play with htis later 'cause it's really late right now.

Hi fgudelj,

It's difficlt for me to help because I don't understand your language and thus the words and associatins in the menu.

However, in the menu if you want the menu drop down to remain after you move the mouse from the main link to the drop down part yo would need to attach a script to the "shape" that is part of the drop down menu. This script would have a "mouseover" effect that would be something like:

on (rollOver) {
    gotoSceneAndPlay("<current scene>",1);//changed this to your own needs.
    }

You would need a similar script so when the mouse was moved off the dropdown menu part that the movie would continue on and move the drop down menu back up. The script may look like this:

on (rollOut) {
    gotoSceneAndPlay("<current scene>",1);//change this to your own needs.
    }

Also... when I opened your file Swish told me that in order for it to work that your file needed to be exported to highter than Flash 4.... you wuld need to export it to at least swf5.

Hope this helps.

Blessings

jwr
    When all is said and done -- "You MUST be Born Again!" John 3:3

Thanks for the effort..but it doesn't help because...this I know.. It is basic in button making. But in this case, when u click on menu category, dropdown menu is opened. But if the mose isn't on dropdown submenu when it's OPENING, it will return.. It is little complicated script that i didn't understand.. Someone made some menu, and i tried to adjust it to my menu.. But as u can see, it isn't weel adjusted (
    so if someone could look at script and tell me what's wrong (((

Regards Filip

hi,

as far as i can see, all that's missing are the button actions in the submenus. and you've left far too little time for the rollovers (e.g. only frames 12 - 14, instead of something like 12 - 25)...

This is allright.. But the problem is.. When Menu opense, When i rollover with mouse on submenu, if it isn't complete open, it won't close.. But if I wait until submenu is shown, and just then try to rollover with mouse, it will automaticaly close...

This is my main concern.. How to correct This????

Does anybody know?

I found solution.. Tnx anyway people...