dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: 2D editor importing question

resolved

I have adobe photoshop. Unfortunately, the erain website offers a great tutorial for making 2d models to import into Swift exclusively for Adobe Illustrator. Does anybody know how to create 2d models in photoshop used to import in Swift?

Byron Zed
    If I'm not mistaken, you can export/save your work done in photoshop as .ai file, and then import them to swift3d. exporting as .eps can be imported to swift3d aswell. this should work for both PS5.5 and 6.0. Try it along with the tutorial, and let me know if it works.

Another way is to use Flash to create your 2D models and them export them as either an .AI or .EPS file into Swift. One problem I see about exporting from PhotoShop is that it is primarily a pixel editing program so exported .AI and .ESP files are rasterized so that Illustrator can open them but they still remain bitmap images which Swift does not, at this point, support. So, if you are more comfortable with PS's drawing tools try saving your work as either a JPEG or a .PNG, import that image into Flash and use the trace bitmap funtion in the Modify menu to convert it to a vector image. (You may need to play with the settings before you get acceptable results). Then export your image from Flash as an .AI or .EPS file and them import it into Swift. Just remember that any filled shapes will import into Swift filled with the default grey and non-filled shapes will import as open objects. Also be sure that any backgrounds are deleted before importing into Swift.

Okay that was long winded Sorry.
    Hope this helps a little as well.

Panda

Thanks for the help. I tried to export an .ai file from Photoshop and that doesn't work. I found making vector images in flash sufficient enough, I never knew you could do that.