dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash puzzle game - Bubble Fun

Flash puzzle game - Bubble Fun

I recently put this game up for a client, we are still testing it and working out any glitches.

Let me know if you see anything that needs to be tweaked, changed, or completely altered!

Play Bubble Fun
    Speed up your development time with well documented and easy to implement Flash components.
    That's what I do, I save people.... Save them from work. I'm like a slacker superhero, standing for truth, justice, and the consumption of sugary pastries.

first time I played the game I didn't bother looking at the instructions. And I had no clue what was going on. But once I read the instructions, it was pretty good. I imagine that there's some interesting strategy involved--not keeping too many 4s around so that your opponent can set off big chain-reactions. Just a though, but you might want to start by having a sort of practice level where the playing area is smaller.

Decent graphics--a little juevenile, but probably appropriate for the game, and I like the little details like the bubbles appearing to pulse.

Overall, I'd say it's a pretty fun game!

Very very intresting game, I like it a lot. Nice graphics and music. The chain reaction thing is very interesting, adding a lot to the game. Keep up the good work!

Thanks for the feedback! There's a couple changes going in tomorrow, after that it should be solid. I should be doing a couple more games for that same site over the next while.
    Speed up your development time with well documented and easy to implement Flash components.
    That's what I do, I save people.... Save them from work. I'm like a slacker superhero, standing for truth, justice, and the consumption of sugary pastries.

I liked it a lot
    Perhaps it goes a little too randomly for my taste.

I think there should be much clearer message about whos turn it is currently. Specially at the beginning without reading the instructions (which I never do until later), it was confusing to understand, what is going on and why sometimes my clicks work and other times not.

It gets quite boring, when the other player keeps popping over 100 bubbles and the game slows down too with many bubbles.

I like the game, very good graphics style, the music sound good for me, and the concept is good, I like also the puzzle games.

Good work!

Hey,

I am a sucker for a good puzzle game and i do like this a lot. My best combo was 72, kinda satisfying when you get the cheer aswell

I do have a few annoyances though:

It feels 'unresponsive', the opponent seems to take a little too long to take their turn and your clicking madly knowing what you want to do but can't...

Also when i won i was still getting loads of combos in the background i think about 150 odd! but my score stopped adding up

Why is there a 6 character limit on the highscore?! i cant type in my name...

Oh and a tip to everyone playing, if you minimize the window whil your getting a big combo it goes at about 4 times the speed!

fracture2 - the sequel
    fracture - retro shooter
    blog - games, design and the rest

"2D is a format, not a limitation" -Luis Barriga

do you wanna tell me how you set up the score board my aim is:joejoe2288med i don't really know php and i am currently making a game if oyu could help me that would be awesome cuz i couldn't really figure out how to make the php score boards
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

joejoe, I don't have aim, but there is a tutorial that shows how to set up a flash / php scoreboard right here on flashkit.

The page is right here

Now, I use a different method because I use a php database for mine, but the basics are the same. If you need any extra help you can always e-mail me at egoant@egoant.com

thanks i will have to try it out, but what i was also wondering is if you can make the scorebaord in flash but have the page php so it already has variables in it so that it tells the swf what to say in the variable fields of the swf
    So tired of all the fighting....

http://joejoe2288.kawanda.net

Yes, you can definitely do that, all it requires is some knowledge of php. Basically you would have to use echo combined with the variables you waned to display in flash and then just load them as you would any other variable in flash using the loadVariables command.

I realize that's pretty vague, but I don't have time right now to go into a more detailed example.

Chief Blobbo Member

great!

I loved it!

I like the aim of the game and I've never played anything like it before.

lol

the musics great!!

ITS GREAT! I wish i could have ideas like that .. just some better gfx and maybe some special ups + timemodes ect. and then its perfect =D ..