A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: chop challenge?

chop challenge?

I guess I dont knwo where this should go really.. but I just finished building my first bike (HD sporty / custom). (Monster Garage / OCC)..... and I have my base color coat.

Im looking for ideas from any one of you out there who wants a challenge (and help me out!) take the picture and add any type of graphics you like (Im sure I will be doing the same) but if I like what you did.. I'll paint my bike like it.

I color will be the same as you see in the image..the rims hover will be chrome/mags HD rims...so ignore these.. =)

the paint job I had last was all black with green "ghost" flames on the: gas tank / oil tank / front & rear fender

Im not opposed to flames again..but would liek to see something better than "regular" flames....maybe something tribal? In not opposed to theme bikes either.. (except I got the comment about it being called a "smurf bike" LOL ) anyways skies the limit

Thanks..hers the image... also here is a link to a directory where I played around with the Photoshop CS color replacement tool...for about 10 minutes...(wish I had it before I got it painted)..LOL

http://www.dmstudios.net/images/color_test/ (high res available if needed)

and the image:

Thanks for your time.

-whispers-

That is a very nice bike!

I'll see what I can whup you up with.
    hello.

Man.. Sure would appreciate it.. Ive been racking my brain...trying to come up with SOMETHING...LOL.. and Im no good with Illustrator...so designs and tribal stuff are THAT much harder..LOL..

but anything... the only thing I keep coming back to is regular old flames..NOT even cool ones..LOL

but if I like it...I'll send pictures of it when its all done..and give ya credit too.. =)

-whispers-

did you try to go thru google images search to see what ideas other folks might have come up with ? I just did a quick search and found some pretty interesting paintings on bikes.
    some smart citation is coming here soon

Yeah...Ive been through google.... plus MANY other places I found in ALL my bike mags... (mostly flames still)...

this has been about a 2 month ordeal..LOL..

-whispers-

bump...Im still looking for ideas..for all you PHOTOSHOP junkies..with time on their hands! =)

as long as the same basic BLUE color is there (as that will NOT change) (my frame, heads, jugs everything is that color already)... but it can be pin stripped, flames, tribal (bonus), anything.. minimal..

racing like?..I wanna see what you got!!!! =)

-whispers-

Hello...? Is Anybody Here...? Witmer777's Avatar
    maybe you should shout instead of whispering so much.

Completely Unhelpful Post

I ignored everything you asked and pinched your green bike. I looked on Google Images for "maori tattoo" for inspiration and found this wee lizard. Ya never know! It may spark and idea anyhoo.. Good Luck with your design.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I like josheree's idea, but needs some yellow on it, and I like matt green better but of course thats up to you it's your bike
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

yeah..well the bike is ALREADY that color blue..hte OTHER colors were just "playing" with the color replacement tool in PS CS.

I was thinking of some kinda of texture (like alligator skin)..I wish it WAS green....but my buddy already has a green bike!

so it was BLUE..and to top it off...it came out the wrong blue..

-whispers-

Heres a pretty cool site might inspire some ideas

http://www.killerpaint.com

bp

why not do aligator skin in blue?
    Would look more snake-like than aligator though
    - I made this!
    http://www.okkle.co.uk - creatures, art, animation and toys!
    Toilet Trumps

I might...but Im the type of cat that needs to see "mocks" before I do anything to my bike..LOL...(thing cost me lots of money..and a TON of time to build)....I already got screwed by that SHADE of blue...(the bastard)

good link to that WCC painter guy..guy some sick air-brushing...

still looking for some mocks of the pictures posted though...always best to have the EXACT bike mocked up...

-whispers-

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Hi,
    how about using the base color, but doing a overlay of black perl, and then having flames done in the same tone with a darker halo to make them pop.

I would get rid of the colored rims to make the bike look heavier and not so "sporty". A good high spoke count rim would be nice, or sleek it up by using a solid billet rim without any cutouts.

I kind of like the sh*t brown color. I use some clouds as the base and a red brown to give it a tobacco kind of look.. I think it looks classy. On this color I think the rims look good. So disregard the message about the rims on the image.

Hope it gives you some ideas...

3P
    Last edited by 3PRIMATES; 07-04-2004 at 03:53 PM.

I love the blue one 3primates, looks pretty cool! Actually, all of them look cool but since they bike has to be blue, I liked the blue eidt you posted
    |"Silence teaches you how to sing"

Dude- (3Primates) thats off the hook man. The blue one and green one are sweet..... I like the flames VERY much... (and now depending on price to have this done)...I think we have a winner..!!!

And yes..I will have REAL rims soon..but they COSt man...1K each rim..and thats NOT rubber 2x floating rotors..or matching pulley...

(so its on my x-mas list)...LOL

Can I ask you how go the "smoke" FLAMES like that?.. In PS? Was it by hand?..or manip of other images.??

thanks

-whispers-

Dude- (3Primates) thats off the hook man. The blue one and green one are sweet..... I like the flames VERY much... (and now depending on price to have this done)...I think we have a winner..!!!

And yes..I will have REAL rims soon..but they COSt man...1K each rim..and thats NOT rubber 2x floating rotors..or matching pulley...

(so its on my x-mas list)...LOL

Can I ask you how go the "smoke" FLAMES like that?.. In PS? Was it by hand?..or manip of other images.??

thanks

-whispers-

Official FK nice guy and MOD 3PRIMATES's Avatar
    Glad ya like it. I know how hard it is to come up with an idea after you have been staring at the project to much.

I was a bit rushed, so I ripped the flames from that killerpaint site. Thought it would give you a good idea of what it would look like.

I used to paint, but got out of it for a more white collar job.

I will say this, make sure you ask around and ask to see the painters former work. Also, if you can, ask to see some real samples(other bikes or cars hes done) first hand.
    Any good painter will have photos of his/her work to show off.

Youll want to make sure that he cuts all his edges good, some sloppy painters will leave high blend edges or runs in the clearcoat.

Also make sure its not a fly by nighter using some crappy paint.
    urethane Basecoat/clearcoat all the way.

Just remember, although a hot v-twin looks and sounds good, the paint really makes the bike. Spend the extra and get a real artist, someone that can impovise and add that special touch.
    Most artist's do better if you give them room to work. So tell or show them the base of what you want and let them have some fun...

Hope it helps.

3P

check out some of the paint jobs on our custom bikes at www.covingtonscyclecity.com in the bike features section.
    also www.autoartbythekid.com he does some of the paint on some of our bikes.
    also http://luckys7customs.com another painter we use.
    may give you some ideas.
    Last edited by random25; 07-07-2004 at 02:41 PM.

If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe. Carl Sagan

what are the prices usually charged for a typical [aint job for you guys?..by BOTH your painters??

Thanks

-whispers-