A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new Neubix.com

Feed me , **** me and shut the

new Neubix.com

www.neubix.com just lanched a new site, its cool, me like.

-----------------
    always loved their portfolio !

http://www.2advanced.net looks a lot like Neubix version1, anyone else noticed ?

nice stuff.

Originally posted by revenanted
    http://www.2advanced.net looks a lot like Neubix version1, anyone else noticed ?
    you have got to be kidding. It's a header with content underneath.

-----------------
    Yup a few lines, a gradient and a few boxes, in my eyes it is inspired by neubix or pure coinsidence.

http://www.play-work.com/2Aneubix.jpg

This is vertical 2a is horizontal..Sorry not similar...

-----------------
    im talking about version1
    picture: left 2a.net - right Neubix V1

not talking about a ripoff i just noticed 2a is inspired by ..

Please.. There are only so many ways you can put a header with content under it.

Jackie Chan once said something like this:

Take a look at other developers, see they`re different styles and try borrow some of the elements from everyone that way it becomes your style.

He was talking about making movies and that line really speaks a ton for designers around also. Neubix for me doesn`t look anything like 2A ..but if they have borrowed some of the concepts of 2A but still looks original then i dont see the problem.

A designers goal is mostly to achieve BETTER .. an artist NEVER 100% copy something . Like me i have seen probably thousands of sites here...some really bad some really good. I have learnt what to avoid and how to display something cool. When i first started designing i thought my first site was extremely COOL ! I couldnt believe it but when i look back it is the worse site you could ever see.

Taking tips from others isnt bad as long you take those tips and make it to your advantage.

I agree, as always a rip to me is an exact copy of elements or images, but we're not talking rips here.

Looking at those two images the only real similarity I see is at the bottom, where the position of the links and copyright is the same and that little gradient to each side is similar. Other than that I don't see anything that couldn't have been creating without ever seeing the old neubix site, but the bottom part does suggest there's some influence, nothing bad though, and it's totally minor and may be totally coincidental.

Nothing worth making a fuss over.

Feed me , **** me and shut the
    Yup a few lines, a gradient and a few boxes, in my eyes it is inspired by neubix or pure coinsidence.

http://www.play-work.com/2Aneubix.jpg
    its not a rip but if it was then 2a.net was the ripper because the neubix site was designed before 2a.net.

the only thing that looks simial is the buttom of the site, thats all.

-----------------
    not talking about this new version, but the first version: http://www.play-work.com/2Aneubix.jpg

its too funny .. if a site use blinking buttons everybody on FK starts screaming 2A ripoff.
    im sure if i made version1 of neubix i would be the biggest 2a.net (not 2a.com!) ripper.

now i say this is not a ripoff but inspired by neubix.
    some elements looks the same, inset lines to separate the content, image dropshadow line,down gradient, boxes on the left. sign up/login top right.

inspired thats all

SPAMMER
    inset lines to separate the content, image dropshadow line,down gradient, boxes on the left. sign up/login top right.
    You just described about 6 million websites.

-----------------
    alright i will use the same elements of pixelranger.com in the same way, and im not inspired, because 6 million other websites has them too.
    great.

what he means I think is that the 2a.net site could have been designed exactly the way it is without ever having seen the neubix site. Influences for all the things you mention above could have come from a thousand other sites, not necessarily neubix.

as I said I only see a similarity in the footer of the site, imho there's an influence there.

its too funny .. if a site use blinking buttons everybody on FK starts screaming 2A ripoff.
    gotta say those people aren't too smart, and you'll find it's the same few people everytime.

-----------------
    Originally posted by aversion
    what he means I think is that the 2a.net site could have been designed exactly the way it is without ever having seen the neubix site. Influences for all the things you mention above could have come from a thousand other sites, not necessarily neubix.

as I said I only see a similarity in the footer of the site.
    Yes ok but

To let people see what i see in those 2 layouts, i changed the inset line and made the picture a bit bigger.

http://www.play-work.com/2Aneubix1.jpg

but forget about it, i just wanted to say i see influences, but its just me who see it
    Last edited by revenanted; 05-31-2004 at 03:19 PM.

I still dont see it .. are you talking about the header and that the content is below it ? That is the only similarity i can see and if that is the case then many of my sites is quilty of charge as well. I love having a illustration on the top with much room for content in the middle like that.

aside from this "rip" discussiong, which I can't seem to see myself...

The new site is really nice!! and this is definitely one of my favourite uses of video effects in a flash website. That background loop is awesome. So simple, but makes really puts it at a higher level of apporpriate visual eye-candy

i really can't see the "rip-off" ....

The new site is sweet .... their portfolio is also great ...

Originally posted by jaybirch
    You just described about 6 million websites.
    I love your comments