A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: gastón porte - full launch

gastón porte - full launch

Tear me apart

http://www.gastonporte.com

...on second thought, don't be too harsh.
    currently footerless

Woooow!

EXCELENTE trabajo! Awesome! Perfect! Me encanta!!!!
    Cordially,
    Abelius
    www.worldkit.com

membrillo
    I like it a lot in the graphic aspect. I miss some variety in the transitions though.
    I think your text should be scrollable in some sections (if there are scrolls I didn't find them)
    That medieval feeling isn't something you see too often. Nice. Good work

Stylistically it rocks. Really nice design and skillful approach. Usability wise it's a little bit tough though. The text is hard to read and it takes a little while to go from one section to another.

Other than that, I really like it a lot.

-dk

Thanks for checking it.

Yeah, I noticed it runs a little slow. That is due to the movie playing at the bottom. It does have scrollbars, they're actually the black stains beside the text.

Thanks, if you notice anything else, tell me.

Audio-wise, how is it? I only placed an ambiance loop and a sound for the buttons. Nothing special, but I think it should do. If you feel its missing something I'm open for suggestions.
    currently footerless

I dont know if its just me but hte site seems to run very jerkily - for example the water coming form the gargoyles mouths is very jerky for me. What fps are you using? Also i think it needs something more for the buttons on rollover, just something, even if its just a colour fade or a slight movement. Text is fine, except i dont understand it. Again jerky animations for section transitions

30 fps

The site runs at 30 fps and the drape animations last about 20 frames. In theory the whole site should run smoothly, the problem here is the movie that animates the gargoyles slows the whole thing down... a lot.
    currently footerless

maybe all 5 gargoyles are not needed. might look as good if not better with just one on each side.......

would speed it up and I think the five is a litle much........

Cool but a litle much

just IMO

yep runs very laggy, too jerky.
    no initial preloader, took a few seconds of just looking at a blank popup before anything loaded.

text is hard to read

transitions are a bit boring, but nothing a little bit of tweaking wouldnt fix. (such as a turning wheel and other small details)

popup centred in the screen would be nicer

the intro graphic has a different bg colour to the html page and sticks out like a sore thumb.

no animation on the buttons, just a click sound... what if i didnt have speakers?

music is a bit annoying after a while, i didnt see an off button??
    fishpiracy
    ...The Eror Group...
    Rockdirect base, 17" laptop.
    core duo 2.3ghz 512mb graphics
    2gb ram 80gb hdd +goodies.

ok...

There is an initial preloader. Believe me, with a 506 kb file, I wouldn't forget to add it. Thera also is an Audio button (to turn it off and on ), it says "Audio" its in the central navigation.

I was playing around with the .psd and tried with less gargoyles (3: 2 on the sides, one in the middle), and didn't look ok, I think it would look better without them instead of reducing the amount. I'm torn over what to do.
    Last edited by 1985; 06-01-2004 at 02:12 PM.
    currently footerless

wella jerky site makes the experience irritating.....

So as cool as the gargoyles are I would like no gargoyles and smooth site.

Hahaha, ok I get it. Maybe I could place 2 versions: for fast (and I mean really fast) and normal computers. Full experience and light experience. One with Gargoyles and the other one without.

Is that a good idea or is it crappy?
    Last edited by 1985; 06-01-2004 at 02:26 PM.
    currently footerless

yeah that would work.......but thing being I have a really fast CPU here at work and it is still jumpy.....is there anyone who is viewing it not jumpy?

Que paso, que paso, vamos ahi? Don Ramon's Avatar
    the banners idea is really great! its really neat, havent seen this concept in a site...

and really it would be a waste of time making two versions of the site, i mean it doesnt have too many animated elements save for the gargoyles

and for the gargoyles its better if you could at least limit the gargoyles to 3. i would put the wall colors to a darker tone instead of blue, it makes it look less realistinc to that great wall texture you made.
    Drink milk!

A huevo te gusta el chavo del 8, verdad?
    currently footerless

Changed a couple of things hear and there and changed some of the vector work to jpegs, so it reduced some of the lag. Can you see the difference?
    currently footerless

enter problem

hey, I could enter the site... I'm on Safari on Mac.. which alot of Mac users use, but I got through on explorer on Mac fine.

The graphics look great...
    you should check out
    247media.com
    eviltwin.com

The only issue I have personally is over the up and down scroll of the banners. It gets a little annoying and seems a little to much. Maybe just a unique masking in and out of the content and title on the left would be more effective. Also an little animation on the button overstate might add a nice effect.

Hit:
    Music nice
    Great presentation quality

Miss:
    Not centered
    Needs better preloaders.
    Sound too loud.
    Couldn't find the off button
    When rugs role up the key frame rate slows down.
    Text way to hard to read.

Score: 6.5/10
    K2xL - My games, tutorials, message boards, and experiments.
    Blog

Pretty discouraging. Everybody keeps telling me the text is hard to read, its FFF Harmony size 8 (its a pretty big pixel font), and looks super crisp, no blurriness.
    currently footerless