dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: need to know how certain things were executed here...

flash addict

need to know how certain things were executed here...

Hi,

I need to know how certain things in this website were executed. things like: 1)how the opacity of the sketches selection was done(you know, the way it fades in) 2) when you click on an artwork thumbnail, a low opacity dark gray screen takes up the whole broser window and the artwork piece begins to load. i want to know how they got that low opacity dark gray screen to appear. also, once the artwork is loaded, if you click the screen, it disappears. it would be helpful to know how that was done as well.

3)and lastly, i see so many flash movies where things just move really fast and smoothly...like in this website. i just wonder if it just takes a lot of practice to get your movies to be like that ot ris it some sort of trick to it?

okay if anyone can give me some solutions to all this, it would be much appreciated. even if you only know how to do one these htings, thats ok. i just would like some pointers to help me out. thanks!!!

the website:
    http://stenkat.kimasa-crew.com/sk3main.html
    ~"Flash is soooooooooooo flashy!"

ermm well..

i didnt really understand your first question, the only bit of fading i could se wass the quick fade of the white thumbnails background - thats just a series of white movie clips that have had motion tween applied to them and their opacity set to 0 at the start and 100 at the fibish so that it fades in.

One way you can get a "low opacity dark gray screen" by making a grey movieclip teh size of your movie (or a bit bigger if you want) and sticking its alpha(opacity) to about 30. Call the movieClip 'GreyBox'

On the timeline then put a bit of code in that tells flash to make the grey screen invisible:

Code:
    GreyBox._visible = false;
    hen you can target that movie using a button which says - 'when i click the button i will make the movie visible'

Code:
    on(release){
    	GreyBox._visible = true;
    }
    Then you just have another trigger that unloads the movie and sets GreyBox._visible = false again. - ther are lots of other methods this was just the first that popped into my head.

to get your movie running fast, dont try to animate large graphics or have loads of animations at the same time, also to a certain extent you mihgt want to try and up your fps in move settings, it might help.

Apologies for typos but i cant be bothered to correct

flash addict

thanks a bunch! and...

thanks a bunch, ctranter...and, by the way, i checked out your website real quick...and nice text effect. was that done in flash mx 2004 cuz ive never seen anything like it. peace~
    ~"Flash is soooooooooooo flashy!"

flash version doesnt usually matter. hes just that good.
    maybe.

I still have standard Mx - i cant afford to upgrade yet. The text effect is just the shape tweening of one bit of text into another - if you havesome text and then do "break apart" it tuns teh text into a vector shape so you can edit it and aply shape tweens then just put another peice of broken apart text at the end and the text will morph into the other text. You might need to add more keyframes to get a better look but thats the general idea.