dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Instant Messaging

Instant Messaging

k, here goes, i've been searching for a solution to intranet messaging, and came across this

XIFF Components for Macromedia Flash.
    The XIFF components are the easiest and quickest way to get started building multiuser, XMPP/Jabber-enabled applications in Macromedia Flash. The components can be dragged and dropped onto the stage, or attached solely via Actionscript.
    http://xifflabs.com/software/xiff_components.php

Can this be used in swishmax???? I ask before I even try.
    WildChili.com

Hi dkriese,
    Whether or not this will work with Swishmax is a good question. The company that is providing the info has said:
    The components can be dragged and dropped onto the stage, or attached solely via Actionscript.
    It would help you to findout what Actionscript they are referring to.

Swishmax uses standard Flash action script just as Flash does. But you would want to try this before committing to a cost factor.

Here are a couple of considerations:
    1. See if the company would allow you to try it for fee - using Action Script. Sort of on a trial basis.

2. Contact Swishzone support and ask one of the developers.

Hope this helps.

Blessings

jwr
    When all is said and done -- "You MUST be Born Again!" John 3:3

Local Chat/IM Server

Perhaps the better question should be, does anyone know a local server application for intranet instant messaging that can utilize swish/flash.

Hope this is not too tricky a question, as Yahoo now uses a flash enabled IM Window, and there is this really interesting app written in flash for a local server called 123 FLash Chat and another with a bunch of broken links on their site called IM2001 that can be used in place of AOL Yahoo ICQ, I only want a small app for my company intranet. This is probably a crossover thread between forums, but I can't find any info on using Flash /swish to create an instant messenger.

If you want the links to these two I will post them here.

How cool would it be to create your own Swish Instant Messanger.
    WildChili.com