dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Swish and Animated Gif's

Hi I'm a new Swish user. I realize images can be imported into Swish but can Swish import animated Gif's and still keep the animation? If not, is there a tutorial on doing this or do I have to import each individual frame of the animated gif into Swish?

Thanks,
    Lisa

Damn Right!
    Best viewed on a monitor

Originally posted by LisaA
    Hi I'm a new Swish user. I realize images can be imported into Swish but can Swish import animated Gif's and still keep the animation? If not, is there a tutorial on doing this or do I have to import each individual frame of the animated gif into Swish?

Thanks,
    Lisa
    LisaA: welcome to the SWiSH forum.
    We allready had a couple of threads about this subject.
    Please use the Search facility of Flashkit and Search on:
    "SWiSH Animated Gifs" Im sure some threads will popup that are answering your question.
    Also please read the First thread on top of the SWiSH forum.
    Thanx.

Cruise

[QUOTEWe allready had a couple of threads about this subject. Please use the Search facility of Flashkit and Search on:
    "SWiSH Animated Gifs" Im sure some threads will popup that are answering your question.
    [/QUOTE]

Cruise, before I made the post I did a search and all I found was this thread http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=55699. As you can see it doesn't say anything about "how to". Everything else I found on the subject was just ramblings (usually off topic) but nothing about how to import an animated gif.

Any suggestions?

Byron Zed
    Hey,

the only way to use animated gif is to break it down into individual gifs, and import each one into swish. then using the hide/show commands to switch between each gif with 1 frame interval between each show and hide. this will play the gifs as one animation. don't forget to align the images properly, and perhaps increasing the fps to allow better play time.. hope that help!

Peace.

Hey, LisaA !
    I think you should understand about the frame concept first. Swish is designed to make animation in swf. So you should make the animation in frames. Use the hide and show effect.

Thanks for your help guys, I finally figured it out. I'm sure you'll be seeing my name around this board pretty often as I try to learn Swish and pick up a few tricks.

Thanks again !

There is a video animation in my Swish site. I can't post it here for certain reasons ;-) Go to http://www.mary.cc/swish and click on the video animation link. The Swish file is also in there so you can figure it out. Just take apart the frames like they said above.

Now that's what I call a nice pair of GIF's

MMMARY, I must have missed something. I followed your link and went to every page but didn't see any "video animation" link. Although I've got mine working, this is my first try with Swish so I'm sure it would really help to see how other people put these together.

LisA a lot of programs now support exporting to swf, that is if you are making your animated gifs yourself and if you can get the gif in swf form you can easily use the load movie feature of swish....

Load Movie

Informant-

I checked the "load Movie" featue you mentioned in the proevious post. However, It only works in a browser and not in the Swish player. I think, perhaps, (thi is an assumption on mypart)LisaA is looking to bring an animated Gif into the Swish player where she can align it with other action and text...at least that' what I would like to be able to do.

website

Actually, 2 days using Swish, my original post was just as it stated "how to" load an animated gif. What I did was break the animated gif apart (frame by frame) and then loaded each individual frame. Since it seems that many people use animated gif files with Swish, it sure would be nice to just load the entire animated gif and let the program figure out that it was an animated gif rather than a static gif... maybe this could be included in the suggestions for the next version.

As far as the "Load Movie" feature is concerned, my understanding is that this feature is only for pre-exisiting SWF files. I've seen other programs that actually allow you to load Quiktime and Avi files to use as backgrounds, etc.

Some programs with let you export your movie as a swf not just a animated gif if you are using such a program you could use the load movie feature...