A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Am I Crazy ... App Idea

Am I Crazy ... App Idea

HI,

I have been asked to create a flash application where a user can upload a jpg file somehow into a swf and have it replace an image that i already have there.

Is this possible? How?

I read something about load movie commands...is this the way to go

Thanks for any help or responses

-Mark

It is possible. Using a scripting language like PHP, you can create a wafor users tp upload their files. Keep track of the location and name of the file, and send that informaion to your flash movie using LoadVars. From there, you can use loadMovie (provided you are using Flash MX or greater) to display a jpg inside a movie clip in your swf

I used coldfusion to do the first step you said. right now the user uploads there files gif or jpeg and then it spits out a text file with one line that says: C:\Remote\Client1\Uploads\picture.jpg
    How do i load the information in this text file into the flash movie and then use that to load the image specified in the txt document.

I appreciate your help thus far

Thanks,
    Mark

I now have it working so that i can load the variable from the text file into flash. The variable is called picture and it ='s 1.jpg

picture1.loadvariables("variable3.txt");

I can can get the movie to load an external jpg as well using the loadmovie command

loadMovieNum("1.jpg", 0);

However i can not get the loadmovie command to load using the variable that contains 1.jpg. How would i do this

loadMovieNum("picture", 0); <---Does not work

How do I tell flash that picture is a variable and not a file that it should be looking for?

Thanks for any help
    -Mark

get rid of the quotes around picture in the loadMovieNum. This is treating picture as a string and not a variable.
    "I hate when people put quotes in their signatures" -anonymous