A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: develope in flash 2004 pro?

develope in flash 2004 pro?

Hi guys,

When developing in flash mx2004 pro there are a lot of templates for various handsets, can I develop with them regular or do I need to know about special things I should or shouldn't do?
    Cheers, KGTRIP

you should be more specific with your questions. After reading your posts, it is hard to understand what you are trying to accomplish or are having problems with.

For example, what do you mean by "can I develop with them regular"?

Hi hp3

Sorry for being blur about my questions, it's totally new area for me, and my questions aren't focused. So I'll make an effort to be more specific.

I would like to start developing for mobile devices. There are a lot of them: different PDA'S, a lot of different mobile phones.

So basically my questions are:
    1. can I develop with AS2 for PDA'S and mobile phones or do I need to use AS1.
    2. Are there any forbidden commands (such as hitTest()) when developing for mobile devices, or it depends on the mobile type?
    3. does swf run on all of the devices that has IE?

I hope I'm made my self clearer for now
    Cheers, KGTRIP

A good place to start is by reading the articles and CDK (content development kits) at www.macromedia.com/devnet/devices

There is no AS2 support at this time.

I havent seen any limitations regarding hitTest() in v5 and v6 players. I dont think there is hitTest support in FlashLite v1 because it only supports Flash 4 level AS. The CDK explain the feature set of each device's player.

Any user with PocketPC 2002 or 2003 OS should be able to download and run the Flash ActiveX control for PocketIE. You will need to provide an HTML doc along with the SWF because PIE can only view HTML not SWF alone.

If you want swf alone at full screen in PocketPC you need to buy special software from MM to create projectors for PocketPC OS or you can get www.antmobile.com FlashAssist which offers a similar but slightly more limited capability.

OK thanks,

I'll check it out...
    Cheers, KGTRIP