A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: popUps ??!

popUps ??!

Regarding flash website advert popups with transparent backgrounds, Does anyone know how these are done?
    I've got a great animation I'd like to appear over the top of my CV site, (done in dreamweaver)

tar!
    Novice Chris

Use File/Publish Settings and the HTML tab to publish a page from the fla. In the html tab, set the Window Mode drop down box to "Transparent Windowless" and publish. This generates the <Object code you need in the html page to make the movie transparent. Just copy that from the source of the page and paste it in your other page, or you can set it in Dreamweave, but I don't use it much, so can't tell you how.

will give that ago! many thanks
    Novice Chris

This isn't going to work in a regular popup window. The window itself is really another html page with size contraints, and isn't transparent itself. What you need to do is make the movie big enough to hold all the animation in it, then embed that in the html page and set the z-order on top. You also set absolute positioning so it sits over the other html content without pushing that aside. More stuff I know little about, aside from the fact that it can be done. You'll have to include a close button in the flash movie itself, if you want it to close.