dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [Resolved] How to get only the middle of song to play without loading whole song?

Noob with alot of questions

How to get only the middle of song to play without loading whole song?

How can I get only say the 30 second to 60 seconds of a song to play without having to load the whole song?

Would I need a 3rd party program outside of flash? and is it free?
    --Dont blame me if iam wrong....

www.hattrickproductions.tk
    Not much there, but need 30 hits every 90 days for it to stay free for me.

If it's a wav file, Windows Sound Recorder can edit it. If it's an mp3, you will probably need an aftermarket program. Supposedly, there are free ones, but they are hard to find, and even harder to find a good one. You might find a good one with a free trial.

If you have an mp3, you can import it to a new fla library. Put it on the timeline with the sync set to Start. Drag out the layer so you see the whole blue line of the song. Then go to File/Export Movie. In the box that comes up, give it a name. Another box opens up where you set the quality of the song, but it will be a wav. Then go ahead and export. Then you can open this file in Sound Recorder and edit it.

Noob with alot of questions
    Ah, thanks...my mind was just so set to having some sort of action scripting or a 3rd party program that you could simply just *?crop?* the areas of a song that I completly forgot about just recoring the parts as a wave, then making it an mp3...

---------------------------
    If anyone wants to know the way iam doing this

*Must have MP3 file you want to change in size, Windows media player, Creative Recorder, and Dell jukebox*

1) Open Creative Recorder and Windows Media Player

2) Open the song up in Windows Media Player and play it

3) Change the recording location of Creative Recorder to WAV

4) When the part of the song you want starts to play, hit Record on Creative Recorder, then when the last part you want plays, stop the recorder

5) Name the file, then open Dell jukebox

6) Go to File Convert files, find the wave file you made with the recorder, set the destionation to mp3, and set its kbps and your set
    --Dont blame me if iam wrong....

www.hattrickproductions.tk
    Not much there, but need 30 hits every 90 days for it to stay free for me.

Well, I'm sure you could script to play just a part of a song with the position property, but it would still load the whole song.