A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ==FlashGuru Moderator Site==

:im:
    flashguru, i am very srry to burst your balloon, but i've seen a .fla with the returning thingies on a circular pattern. OFR COURSE i wouldn't tell ANYONE about this fla or where it is located but just you know. i am pleased that you removed the annoying FG at the top and is there any content yet?

Man I have been using flash for about two years now (just as a hobby) after seeing a site like yours it makes me want to just throw my copy of flash in the garbage knowing that I could never build a site as good as that.

Thanks for ruining my dreams and hopes of working with flash.

Some of us are just not worthy...

dude---it's excellent and don't change a thing

Mike

flashguru website

It looks really cool and the sound is good, although it could get irritating - I assume once you've done a bit more work, then after dragging a target the sound will change slightly. Otherwise it's very cool and I like the spiral effect a missed target makes. Did you do your own graphics? They're good.
    Cheerio

I like it, but...

Criticizing is easier than creating, but IMHO...

Design and colors are good. Maybe it's a little dark to me but it doesnt matter.

After seeing Your footer I expected something colorful. Then when I get to Your site I see yellow-orange with dark grey html page. After that I get into brown/dark grey colors. It's a little inconsequence.

The second thing is I can get no cleary information how could I navigate through Your site. When I clicked once on the honeycomb with the letter I didn't noticed command "drop target" at once. After spending some time I put "B" into proper place.

The site is very oryginal and I agree you're flash guru.

Cheers,

Originally posted by stevietat2
    thanks ior...umm the site, i sorta don't know what's happening. for some reason geocities is not being so friendly (i'm hopefully switching soon...anybody suggest anywhere that overs webspace for free?) because all my other html sites on geocities are having issues as well. sorry for any inconvenience it caused you. i will have a working site up soon.

I liked your footer too stevietat.
    by the way u want to have the site which offers free webspace ?
    the best on this planet is http://www.f2s.com.
    they will give u sub domain. cgi scripting. and everything free. and to top it all they wont place any ad to ur page.
    just enjoy.
    if you want to try out other free services go to http://www.freespace.net.
    take care,
    keep up the good work,
    jd
    jdk@texsurat.com

thankkyou thankyou thankyou

Hey Guru...

Whenever i click the enter button, nothing happens. I am currently running:

- Flash 5 Player
    - Netscape 4.73
    - 450 Mhz/96 RAM/56k connection
    - A working mouse

What could be going wrong, i have been there many weeks ago, but it will no longer work.

this thread is getting way too long!
    Awesome site Guru!
    I Like the begining animation!

Guru, maybe I said it in another post, but I love that background on the HTML page, looks like a painting.

super coool.

mg33

resolved WOW!!

This is one of those sites that makes you want to do better with Flash, like when you see a good movie and feel good about yourself. The only problem i found with it is that when you drag one of the hexagons to the drop box, you cant get rid of it. If i drag another one on top, it doesnt work, so i will nto be able to change area. As there is no content yet i assume that this is a "bug" that needs ironing out. But the site, awesome *weeps for joy*

critique

Flashguru,
    I think your efforts so far are pretty good - it is so easy to criticise others' work unconstructively, as some seem to have done to yours. Simply to have the guts to post work is a good start - keep it up. My flash efforts leave a lot to be desired, in fact I am too embarrassed to post them here. Why do those who criticise not put up their work so we can give them a critique - says it all...
    Anyway, i like what you've done so far and look forward to seeing more.
    My only comment would be that I had to read all of the comments for your site to actually understand the menu system (dropping in the hex's). First time I didn't figure it out... Always remember that a site has to be usable and fairly clear to understand how to navigate - navigation is everything - but if looks good too then people will come back for more.
    Typical example of great looks but you are left thinking "what the hell is this site all about and what do I do here?" is: http://www.derbauer.de
    keep up the good work.

kool

man dont let those people get to you... the site is quite nice... but most definitely the links are still under construction too right?? the color are nice. i like it... its kool.....

[swf width="400" height="60" background="#black"]http://www.1clickasia.com/non.swf[/swf]

Not a Flash Kit Moderator
    The FlashDoctor

Guru, just wanted to tell you that you are the man. I love the actionscripting, hey if they will let us, would you want to speak with me at a conference? I have to ask first but I think it would put a twist on things, seemings that we are both 17. Lets just say this is a very big very well known conference. Cheers, Steve

I would also like to say, FlashGuru is da man, but i wont know it untill i can see his site. It still wont work for me. Getting frustrated, i have posted this message before but got no response. Hope i can be helped. Thanks.