A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Creating a Wall-Street Journal-like Image

Hybrid View

Creating a Wall-Street Journal-like Image

How would I take an everyday color picture of someone and make it look like the following?

My client is demanding that we make their pictures look like the ones in the Wall-Street Journal (what that image looks like). Any help with doing this in Photoshop would be great.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

I'm sure there's a combination of filters to do it but I can't find a tutorial on it.

There is an etching action on this page but it's not free.

Also from andromeda the series 3 seems maybe closer to what you want.

We couldn't find any tutorials ourselves, so that's why we posted it here. Thanks av, we'll take a look at those links.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

Let me know if you find a way, I have a site for some lawyers coming up that this could be good for.