A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Redid my menu, need input.

Redid my menu, need input.

Some of you might remember my old menu for my clan website, but I complteely revamped it. let me know what you guys think of the design, does it look too ameture? choppy? .. its only about 30% done right now, but let me know if you guys think i should stick with this..

http://24.90.150.180

By the way, its my first real project so take it easy =P

Not bad. Need preloader badly. All together not bad for first timer.
    YOUR OWN PERSONAL CMS
    No templates. Integrates into any existing web site.

Thank you tom. Glad that you mention proloaders, I've been looking around for some preloader tutorials for some time now.. Maybe you can point me into the right direction to find one? or even write down the basic AS script (2.0) to use one if you have a minute?

Thanks for the reply.

Oh and if anyone has any other comments, please do speak up

roll`em easy
    Mainz /Germany/Europe/earth/milkyway/world
    I don`t understand that this film takes that long to load (preloader is urgently requested) though there is any content in it. You have to work on this very badly. My tip: split content into several different swf-files.
    stonehead * why should I drink `n drive when I can smoke and fly? *

Yes, definitly need a preloader.

I was thinking about splitting the files into different swf's, but consdering the fact that the menu will be about 1.5megs (800kb right now) when I am completely done with it, a preloader with percentage should be fine, i think. Just as long as I am not leaving the viewer hanging by not putting a preloader.. which I am doing now, lol...

Site is up!

even though you say it'll have a preloader, I think 1.5MB is quite hefty, it's probably worth splitting it up or trying to optimize it.

It could also do with having defined hit areas for the buttons as it's very hard to get exactly on the text at the moment.

It'd be worth having a sound off button even though the loop you use is quite nice. I can imagine it getting irritating after a while, or people wanting it off just because it's clashing with other sounds on their machine.

That said I like how the site's going, the menu works visually, it's just a case of seeing how it is once the contents is put in.

Thank you for the reply.

I will definitly take your advice with the sound off button. it even starts to bug me after a while =P