A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash as an Avatar?

Flash as an Avatar?

I made a few Avatars in Flash not even thinking that maybe I can't use them. And so for I can't seem to use them on a website for others to us.
    My questions which needs an answer as soon as possible. Can a 60x60 flash movie be turned into a .gif...or anything that can be used as an avatar?

If you choose File -> export Movie and save it as a gif, it should work, provided that you are only using tweens and no actionscript to create your animation. Also, on many boards, like this one, there is a size limit on avatars, I think here it at 15Kb.

Thanks. My only problem now is I made it in this program called Swish...and when my friend opens it in Flash it doesn't allow him to save it nor export it...I think I screwed up...lol

You should be able to export as swf in swift, then import the movie into flash. I wouldn't be surprised in swift has an export as gif feature, but I don't use that program so I can't tell you

Yea I thought it might have an export of .gif as well but it doesn't only HTML and exe is the other kinds...and when I did the HTML it didn't even show up...needless to say I'm not that computer savvy.