A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help: Can't get get on search engine

Help: Can't get get on search engine

Hi,

I guess you can tell that I am a noob. Anyhow, I made this flash website: http://www.thaiassociation.ab.ca. I have been trying to register my site at yahoo and google for many months now. I have not heard anything from them and my site is still not register on their search engine. Any recommendation?? Is my site seems to be incomplete? ( I know that a few things are missing, bust still...) I have set up the metatag any everything I think I suppose to do.

Thanks in advance,

eknc

you are on google

see, second page

You won't rise in the rankings, however, until people begin linking to your site. The best way to do that is to spread the word, and to make a quality site that people will want to link to.

Hi yasunobu13,

I went to check it out...there are other sites like

www.thaiassociation.org and www.thaiassociation.net

Do you think I should make a basic HTML site first to get register and then I can come back to the flash site?

HTML will better pick up on keywords than flash, but having a good website that people will want to go to again and again is the best way.

read through here
    http://www.google.com/webmasters/
    for a more concise list

Thanks!! I will try that! I'll let you know when I get it up!

Hi, I've been trying to get www.emailreminder.net on google for since January. No luck yet and I'm linked all over the place. I think maybe they've blocked me somehow. Either that, or I just don't know what I'm doing.

there is a "submit URL" on the link that I posted earlier, have you tried that?

Originally posted by yasunobu13
    there is a "submit URL" on the link that I posted earlier, have you tried that?
    Yeah I did that back in Jan. GoogleBot hits my site about once every 2 weeks, and still I do not show up on their search engine. I'm not sure how that's possible.

It's all a waiting game

Hmm...this is very strange...but I guess my site is on google...

I tried the keyword "ata alberta thai" and there it is!! I think getting other sites to link to my site and may be I should try to come up with some more keywords will help out. I hope so anyhow...