dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ?!?! utterly confused by disappearing graphics in IE5(mac)... HELP!!!!

?!?! utterly confused by disappearing graphics in IE5(mac)... HELP!!!!

Hi everybody....

once again I'm stuck with a weird problem that seems to have me running around in circles without ever finding a solution.... - so please have mercy....!!!!

I'm setting up a website for a college course - using both flash (using flash MX) and html. I have 2 sepaprate flash files - one for a banner - one for the main menu, button targeting 2 iFrames inside the html page which works fine.
    The problem is that for some strange reason - which only happens in Internet Explorer5 on the mac - when a button is clicked the banner disappears, not completely though, a little time display that is in the banner file remains visible while the other graphics vanish....
    Have a look... (site still work in progress as far as content is concerned, main pages in place though)
    http://www.graphiceyedea.co.uk/inm/main.html

I've tried what feels like a million different set ups with no success...... any ideas or thoughts on this owuld be much appreciated
    Thanks
    ___carpe_diem___

re

You may accentuate one note on start of your site:
    Welcome and please all of you who have IE5 update your IE on this link, to preserve problems durring sightseeing our site.
    Thanks for understanding,
    Web Master.
    Last edited by jugomkd75; 06-10-2004 at 08:10 AM.

there is no handcraft without tool!
    www.jugoars.com

thanks for that

of course there would be that option - trying to avoid that

and since it seems there will no onger be standalones or new upates for IE for the mac - that would leave the mac people out in the rain again - I know what that's like.... so...... I'm still tryign to find a solution....

thanks though
    ___carpe_diem___