A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: load movie clip

load movie clip

i need a way to move a movie clip in the library to a certain place on the stage and on a certain layer when a button is pressed. is there a way to do this? all i can find loading external swf files into a place, but not movieclips already in a movie.

-this would be used as a menu type system--when the menu button is pressed, the movieclip containing the page would load in a certain area

You could usr the old _visible variable. The movie clip you want to load needs to be somewhere on the stage (or off it) as when you publish your movie the library is ignored.

Adam

oh icic. i was hoping to use actionscript, but i guess doing on stage animation will work. thanks for the help

Banned
    Check MovieClip.attachMovie in the AS dictionary, that's exactly what you're looking for!

thanks oldnewbie. that should work good. i wish all these actionscripts would use layers instead of levels. i need to mask the movieclip...you cant mask a level, can you?

Banned
    They don't use levels but depths!

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...evelsdepth.htm

And yes you can mask a mc set on a depth.

I have a way!

built two new layers in flash movie,that in one layer you built a movieclip which set nothing in it,you can named "mymc" and in anthor layer you can set a button,on the button you can write the action
    the action code write below,you can have a reference:

on(release){
    loadMovie("flash8.swf","mymc");
    mymc._x=70;
    mymc._y=20;
    mymc._xscale=70;
    mymc._yscale=70;
    _root.mc._visible=0;
    }

doesn't that load a whole movie, kevin?

i'm not sure i'm understanding the MovieClip.attachMovie command. http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ionary508.html
    where will the movieclip load? will it load on the same layer as the actionscript, or on and independant timeline, or what? or will it attach the mc to another mc already onstage?