A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Swift V.4

Well, you guys cant give us a release date, but can you give us a file size? Swift3 installer was maby ~under 20megs? With all these libraries you guys are adding it looks like it may be worth the hole disk .

Feature #14 - Hierarchy Control Over Cameras and Lights

The new Swift 3D v4 camera and light hierarchy additions will allow you to make those cool "camera tailing an object" animations in a snap. Simply make your camera a Child of your 3D object and the camera will follow it along its animation path.

Cheers Party People!

I anticipate a lot of fun playing around with this one.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

Feature #15 - Save your Creations to Galleries

In an effort to speed up the 3D animation creation process Swift 3D v4 now allows you to save your frequently used materials, models, animations and lights directly to your gallery for future use.

!!!!!!!!!

Im sold on this program! I took a a few 3D modeling/animation classes in college, and this looks very similar to the program we used, only more animation tools. Can't wait to get my copy!

I hope it's release date is soon. I went the site to purchase, but I still want to pick up the new version. Will it maintain the same price?
    The New Guy.

Feature #16 - Enhanced Extrusion and Lathe Editors

Swift 3D's popular Extrusion and Lathe Editors have been improved and now include copy and paste within the Extrusion Editor and from the Extrusion Editor to the Lathe Editor, and Extrusion Editor scaling functionality.

MPTheory: Full Purchase is $189 and an Upgrade is $89. Although if you were to buy Swift 3D v3 now you can get v4 for free as well.

copy and past in the extrusion editor you dont know how happy that makes me

Feature #17 - Smart Weld

Swift 3D v4’s Smart Weld facilitates model creation by allowing you to automatically weld a group of selected vertexes within a certain proximity.

Have a good weekend people!!

does this program also utalize NURBS? or is it strictly polygon?
    The New Guy.

It seems to be only pollygons, but if you smothe it enough then its sortof like nurbs .

Bonus Feature #1 - Get Swift 3D Xpress Free

Buy or upgrade to v4 and get Xpress Free!

Bonus Feature #2 - Swift 3D Bonus Collection

Lots of extras goodies that will come with v4. Read the feature for details.

MPTheory & Sasocki - The Advanced Modeler is strickly Polygon editing. But there is also a smoothing function that gives it a Nurb smoothing effect. Here is an example of Smoothing

Party on Wayne, Party on Garth!

Wohoo well done Erain.

Looks great.

:drool:

me must have it.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

I am suprised to see no aditions to the rendering engines .

Geez, dude...they can only do so much! The Advanced Modeler alone is worth twice the price of the upgrade. Have you seen the feature previews? There are a ton of new features that do much to increase the power of Swift3D. Sure, there are still plenty of things I would like to see included in the package, but I don't think it's fair to complain that it hasn't turned into 3ds max overnight.

Speaking of the rendering engine specifically, Ravix II is the best in the biz. I'm perfectly happy to work with that right now and let them concentrate on adding completely new and useful features. As for the EMO Ray Tracer, I agree that I would sure like to see soft shadows and some other options, but you have to remember that Swift3D isn't trying to compete with the other high-end 3D renderers. Swift3D's primary purpose is to produce content for Flash in particular and the web in general, so it's focus is on small file size rather than realistic raster renders. Yeah, I know it would be nice if it did it all, but I like the fact that erain has stayed focused on it's core philosophy and mission. Hopefully erain will add the ability to export to .DXF and .3DS so you could take models made with it into a dedicated renderer, but like I said I think Swift3D is on the right track and I am well pleased with it's current set of features and tools.

Personally, I'm unbelievably excited about this new release. There will be so many new things we can do that I'm sure I'll be kept plenty busy until the next upgrade.
    mrush

Im with ya Rush. I have one aplication in mind for this program right now. Im working on a cartoon with a few other people, and Im looking at making the scenes in Swift3D and overlaying the 2D animation over it. The renderings I have seen so far from Swift are more than enough for what I need.
    The New Guy.

Ravix II is the best in the biz.
    hey Rush, it's Ravix3, btw

and I agree 100%. all of the modelling on top of the best renderer out there... more for me to love.

and besides, in apps like 3ds max, the renderer doesn't get upgraded all that often... from 3ds max debut to version 4, then once again in version 6, IIRC.

but yeah... all of these options are great additions showing how Erain listened to what people kept asking for - I know I kept saying "I'd love vertice manipulation/advanced modelling tools" like mad here in these forums, and I'm going to get them with this release? Heck, that makes me very happy to know that a software company is actually listening to their users.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

You're right, gerbs. Looks like I missed an "I" when I was typing.
    mrush