dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Any good photoshop sites out there

Any good photoshop sites out there

not for learning more that people show off their work????

www.deviantart.com is a good one.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

hey rush... I like the style of you avatar and the sig image... Mind pointing to a tut on the web to recreate that style. Or even do a mini tut in this threat.

- emk

It's just a simple gradient. The easiest way to replicate that style would be to literally copy mine. Right-click my footer and choose 'Copy'. Then go to Photoshop and hit Ctrl+N to create a new document. The dimensions in the dialogue box should already match the dimensions of the file in the clipboard, so just hit OK then hit Ctrl+V to paste my footer.

Then select the Gradient Tool and hit the little gradient preview to open up the Gradient Editor. You are going to create a new gradient based on colors that you pick out of the gradient bar in my footer. When setting up your color stops make sure you use the 'standard' ones instead of the checkered ones that represent the foreground and background colors, otherwise the gradient will change every time you change those colors.

So start by throwing a few color stops along the bottom of the color bar in the Gradient Editor. (The ones along the top are opacity stops) Then begin on the outermost edges, clicking on the color stop then using the color picker on my footer image to sample colors from the appropriate places. In addition to the two outside colors, I used three more color stops in the approximate center of the color bar. One was pure white and the two others were shades of blue/grey, one darker than the other with the lighter one being the closer to the white. I also made one where there was less contrast between the other two stops, with the darker one being closer to the white stop. Subtle changes in the positions of the color stops will give you are wide variety of results. When you are satisfied with the way it looks, give it a name and then hit the 'New' button, then the 'OK' button...in that order.

Play around with it a little bit and create a few different variations of the same gradient. I have some with less contrast, more contrast, etc.
    Last edited by RUSHVision; 06-12-2004 at 04:28 AM.
    mrush

> .. _ .: Join the FK ARENA!:..:RUSHVision vs. JWin:. _ .. <
    ..:: "Why aren't the lockout programs working?!?...Release the monkey!" ::..

thanks for the help. I've knocked out a few cool gradients.

- emk

http://www.shadowness.com is one of the other big art communities compared to Deviant.

the best ---> http://www.gfxartist.com/ (Elite Gallerys)