A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: not sure if this is the right forum - need a writer for my comic

the purpose of it is not to read your mind, it's too see if you thinking of something can effect something else completely different.

global consciousness was at a peak during 9/11 and other significant events. Is this merely coincedence? Not likely.

Originally posted by Subway
    Your thoughts are not producing the random numbers, your computer does, but since the quantum theory came up, we know that our consciousness can have an effect on things just by seing a measurment result and many scientist think that our sub-consciousness can exactly control some of those effects. So by looking at that line, you kinda etablish a feedback loop between your consciousness, your sub-consciousness and the place in your chip that generates the random numbers. That's the theory, but as you can only use statistical methods here, you can't 100% prove the theory.
    Fredi
    wow, thats a load for my brain to take ^-^
    i never knew about this theory, but i find it very interesting.

well, i'm trying to experiment with and see what can make the bar move up. and a cool song came on the radio, so i closed my eyes and just listened to it (bobing my head and stuff ^-^) and i got a peak of 129.673 and a time of 30.221 which is my best yet.

...interesting

peace

I think it would be interesting to try and get like 10,000 + people in a stadium or something try to levitate something or something like Sub's test, make sure everyone is concentrating on it 100% or something.

Would be interesting results.

Originally posted by bvgroote
    I think it would be interesting to try and get like 10,000 + people in a stadium or something try to levitate something or something like Sub's test....

you meen like an object? like in starwars? ^-^

Originally posted by bvgroote
    I think it would be interesting to try and get like 10,000 + people in a stadium or something try to levitate something or something like Sub's test, make sure everyone is concentrating on it 100% or something.
    Yes, that would be interesting. When I have some time, I will try to create a "multiplayer" version of my test with random "now move that line" times.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]

http://www.flipshark.com flipshark's Avatar
    Isn't the whole thing like the "this rock keeps away lions principle"?

I mean just because there are no lions around doesn't mean it is the rock that is keeping them away.

Likewise, just because the line is being held up, doesn't mean it is your brain power keeping it there.

that's why my idea would work.

Something significant would have to happen for it to be viable.

Get a rooom full of dudes, one chick....

everyone chant strip and if she does than obviously the theory is proven.
    subgenius.com

That's actualy the whole problem of todays science. If the quantum theory is true (and I'm sure most scientists think it is), then every single measurement is just more or less a good guess as every measurement is based on more or less random numbers that build the world we're living in. Of course everything in the makro world is based on so many random numbers, even small things that you can only see with a microscope, that the guess is extremly precise and so nobody talks about a guess anymore, but actualy it's still a guess, it's like playing in the lottery where you can chose a number between one and a billion where only one single number in there is not a win, just that it would not be a billion, it would be much, much more.

Fredi
    Mind Share Projects [ <- my latest projects ] [ my splash page -> ] Fredi Bach
    OS X Code (r,s) [ my Mac, web 2.0 and programming blog ]
    Not A Blog [ my personal weblog ]
    jMe Feed Aggregator [ my latest most famous project ]
    Web Command Line [ use the web like a real geek ]