A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Alarm Clock

Alarm Clock

I've been terrible about getting up in the morning lately.

My current alarm clock, while it sets itself to the atomic clock and projects the time on the wall, has a pretty weak alarm.

So, I'm looking for a new one that will not only

a.) get me out of bed

but also

b.) has some style, or is really unique and funny

For instance, there's this Flava Flav clock, but $85 is a bit steep.

Any recommendations?
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Forget traditional alarm clocks. I have trouble waking up to alarm clocks as well. I found setting my stereo's alarm wakes me up. Just set the timer and turn the volume up. Make sure the music's something you're not used to. Something really heavy should do the trick.

Also, everything's mind over matter. If you condition yourself to respond to the sound of the alarm, then you'll get up. Set your alarm to go off in a couple of minutes, lay down and close your eyes (but don't go to sleep ). Then, when it goes off, throw yourself upright and get yourself into a very alert state. Repeat this and your mind will start associating this behavior with the sound of the alarm.

-genesis f5 (mx)

Originally posted by Genesis F5
    Forget traditional alarm clocks. I have trouble waking up to alarm clocks as well. I found setting my stereo's alarm wakes me up. Just set the timer and turn the volume up. Make sure the music's something you're not used to. Something really heavy should do the trick.
    Yup, the triple disc player I've had for years now is my trusty alarm clock... I just wish it had a snooze

Always wakes me up no matter what.

There are some MP3 alarm clock software, but you'd have to leave your machine on all night and hope it doesn't reset for it to work

if you have the bios that will turn the computer on , do that , , I can't sleep with my pc on , then you can get a like, Music Match box where you can program it to turn on . and play..

If your computer is not in your room , then you will need a alarm
    that will hit you on the head,

I think i saw one that ACME makes,

or get the good ol' one

http://www.mexicohorse.com/images/Ra...rm%20Clock.jpg

flavor flav alarm clock!? PUWHAHAHAHAHAH!

Yeah, I use my slimp3's alarm clock... if I need to.

sadly enough, I still have a Sony "My First" Alarm Clock... it barks at me.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

Re: Alarm Clock

Originally posted by PAlexC
    b.) has some style, or is really unique and funny

You might have some trouble setting it and since it doesn't come equipped with a snooze button you will have to spend a little money to buy your own. I suggest an axe.

[EDIT]
    *LMFAO didnt see you posted the same pic PCride*
    Last edited by Dusarn; 06-14-2004 at 12:24 AM.

Never needed the damn things, somehow I always manage to wake up half an hour before I need to, even if its for 5 in the morning.

But I like clocks as well and you can buy some really inexpensive classy looking ones almost anywhere, $85 is way too much for a clock......get a Mickey Mouse one, its a conversation starter...

Tony

*LMFAO didnt see you posted the same pic PCride*

ya thats funny uh, I don't really seem to use them either,I get up like 30 min before it would go off if I had set it.

If your sleeping schedule is consitant , then you don't really need one. but if your one of those iregular schedules type people then one would help.

Get two alarms - one that is far away and requires you to get out of bed to turn it off and one that is next to you.

The one that is far away should go off at the latest you want to get up (it serves as a back-up) and the one next to you can go off whenever.

It did wonders for me.
    I really enjoy forgetting. When I first come to a place, I notice all the little details. I notice the way the sky looks. The color of white paper. The way people walk. Doorknobs. Everything. Then I get used to the place and I don't notice those things anymore. So only by forgetting can I see the place again as it really is.

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Don't change the alarm clock, change the job.

Getting up when I damn well feel like it is my solution.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Step 1) Get a regular $5 alarm clock.

Step 2) Open 'er up and disconnect the wires that attach to the speaker.

Step 3) Using medical tape, attach the ends of each wire to your nipples.

Step 4) Extinguish smoldering chest hair before proceeding downstairs for morning coffee.

=^_^=
    Hush child. japangreg can do what he wants. - PAlexC
    That was Zen - this is Tao.

I have two alarm clocks, both with two alarms each. I set the bedside one with some heavy metal or record myself talking well to myself to cd (it is a cd alarm). then I set the one accross the room to country music BAH.. that one is set for two min after my bedside one. then I set the bedside ones second alarm for one minute after the one further away with the beep beep. then the other accross the room to two minutes after that with the bzzz bzzz usually im so anoyed by the time this is over i have to get up and smoke a cig so it works.

warning mine accross the room is falling apart from me chucking it against the wall at times
    ------------------

Sometimes we are the windshield. . . But, most of the time, we are just the bug. (c;
    My cycling themed designs Pats Design Portfolio

So I'm hearing the CD player alarm clock solution is popular.

Looks like I'll need to go pick up some Slayer CD's.
    "What really bugs me is that my mom had the audacity to call Flash Kit a bunch of 'inept jack-asses'." - sk8Krog
    ...and now I have tape all over my face.

Originally posted by pea3698
    I have two alarm clocks, both with two alarms each. I set the bedside one with some heavy metal or record myself talking well to myself to cd (it is a cd alarm). then I set the one accross the room to country music BAH.. that one is set for two min after my bedside one. then I set the bedside ones second alarm for one minute after the one further away with the beep beep. then the other accross the room to two minutes after that with the bzzz bzzz usually im so anoyed by the time this is over i have to get up and smoke a cig so it works.

warning mine accross the room is falling apart from me chucking it against the wall at times
    wow your definitly not a morning person hahaha.

Living on fortified coffee. Mike-Edwards's Avatar
    This costs nothing:
    Do what frontline troops do, drink way too much water, or diet soda just before going to sleep. You'll get up.
    Using Flash for fun and learning.
    www.covenantanimation.com

Ihoss
    I have a wind up one. It has two bells on the top and a hammer. And its ticking! But its cheap (no batteries) and it wakes up the whole family (mind you, I have a large house too ). It's very cool and it's not a thing a lot of people have

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Originally posted by Mike-Edwards
    This costs nothing:
    Do what frontline troops do, drink way too much water, or diet soda just before going to sleep. You'll get up.
    lol - best idea yet.

Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting