dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Question!

Question!

hi guys, i have got a couple of questions for all you experts!

first of all the main one...

will adobe supply a license for the creative suite for around 5 computers for small businesses? (4 Mac's and 1 PC) rather than having to buy the licenses individually?

We already have the license for one of the macs but are wanting to expand and install it on the others, what is the best / cheapest way to do this?

now for the other question...

i have just started for this company i4 media, they currently concentrate on graphic design and print (i4 media) but they are expanding to multimedia... thats where i fit in. I have just finished a multimedia degree and aim to produce multimedia products working for i4 media,

i am looking into the going rate for producing rich content multimedia products using flash / director to produce animation, video, sound etc... i have created many products before but never really sold any, just made them for friends and Uni.

How would you go about pricing up a job, i mean i know that it all depends on how good the company wants the product etc but say for example if a company required a cd-rom producing to promote their business and they wanted a little video, some bells and whistles on it but nothing too complicated and say it takes me around a week? what would the going rate be?? aproximately?

thanks for your time
    John

www.john-simpson.co.uk
    www.i4-media.co.uk

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    1) Wouldn't it be better to talk to Adobe?

2) This sort of business-related question is better off posted in the Boardroom. You have a much improved chance of a sensible answer there.

Don't repost - wait a few and a mod will send this across shortly.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Moved to the boardroom. Please select the forum you post in with greater care next time.

60 BUCKS AN HOUR, AT LEAST MAKE THAT, IF YOUR ARE NOT THEN YOUR ARE LOSING MONEY

OR PRICE IT BY JOB, I CALLED A BUNCH OF LOCAL WEB FIRMS AND ASKED OVER THE PHONE IN A DETAILED DESCRIPTION WHAT i WANTED AND FOR A SIMPLE HTML SITE WITH PICTURES AND NO CONTACT FORM , (NO SSC) CODE, THEY WANTED LIKE OVER 2000 USD!!

i COULDN'T BELIVE IT,

BUT YOU CAN ONLY CHARGE WHAT YOUR ARE WORTH.

i AM IN THE CONSTURCTION BIZ, I DO NICE WORK SO i CHARGE MORE THAN MOST, IF THEY DON'T WANT TO PAY ME THEN THEY CAN GO ELSE WEHRE AND GET CRUDDY WORK.

brilliant guys thanks for the feedback, so if i asked you to

price a website for a marketing company, the website consists of 11 main sections, each section contains two or three subsections (22 subsections in total).

the guy wants a nice looking site but nothing too complicated, what would a site like this be created for in ? - aproximately!

the site will probably be created using HTML and Flash

thanks
    John

Originally posted by john_i4media
    brilliant guys thanks for the feedback, so if i asked you to

price a website for a marketing company, the website consists of 11 main sections, each section contains two or three subsections (22 subsections in total).

the guy wants a nice looking site but nothing too complicated, what would a site like this be created for in ? - aproximately!

the site will probably be created using HTML and Flash

thanks
    John
    estimate how long it will take you, and start from there...
    it's really in the eye of the beholder...

yea thanks again guys, just been browsing this area of flashkit and see that this question is asked quite often, sorry!

thanks for all your advice and help, i will keep it all in mind, i have got a meeting with the client in ten mins so we will see how we go on from there

thanks
    John

Adobe

It's been my experience with Adobe, if your a past customer or plan to buy or upgrade in the future, they'll make custom packages of software and licenses for you.

- Ben Yokitis