A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: My alarm bells are ringing...

My alarm bells are ringing...

Good news and bad news seem to like travelling is each other's company...
    The good news: Influential scientist undertakes to present a proposal, an idea my team has been developing, to a terribly big client... (so far so good)... using a series of flash animations I have done (illustrating the idea)... (good ...)
    The bad news: His team wants to know... can I supply the animations in QuickTime .mov

I know nothing about QuickTime... I printed one of the animations in QuickTime and 25 % of the action just plain vanished...

I am standing on QuickSand...

If any of your animations use actionscript, quicktime cannot read it. Once you publish a .mov from flash, all actionscript is gone. That's just how the file format works.

That really sucks though. It sounds like it would be a ton of work to redo all of that stuff.
    It must be obvious day at camp stupid

What if you just launched the animations in full screen and then recorded the screen shot and save as .mov

Just a thought.
    "Leading the business of today into the future of tomorrow"

...I can feel myself sinking...

SPAMMER
    mate, there is software that can convert to quicktime AND keep the actionscript. I can't remember the name of it, but try a google search of:
    .swf to .mov conversion including actionscript

I havent touched anything flash in a while, so I'm not too sure how you can tackle this issue... but if all else fails, you can try recording your screen, there are applications out there that can record whatever's going on on the monitor, with sound... and outputs in AVI, which I'm sure you can convert to .mov ...

You can save to QuickTime in 2 ways in Flash. One way just converts the movie to a clean QuickTime Movie ( all actionscript is gone as well as animations inside movieclips ).

Second way is to save your file as QuickTime. That will save the Flash parts to the QuickTime players Flash Tracks, and as QT player includes the Flash player it can read the actionscript as well ( not to advanced scripts though, and Im not shure that nested movieclips will animate either ).

But in your case I too would suggest getting a screen capture software like Snapz Pro that can record any part of the screen at variable framerates.

-Pelle Piano
    // Image Gallery
    www.studiobild.com
    // Photo Blog
    http://talesofthepixel.blogspot.com

Problem fixed... thanks all...

MacMatix, care to share how you solved your problem?

The solution was in re-working the timeline... expanding it... making sure all film clips had had their run by the time the scene hit that end frame.

Thanks again...