A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: swf from illustrator

swf from illustrator

i have made an image in illustrator to use as a background for an animation. When importing to flash, it creates 1200 symbols as well as the swf file because of all the little parts of my drawing.
    ive tried loads of things to flatten it properly in illustrator, but can't work it out... it's allright if i save it out as a jpeg but i want it in vector format...

any ideas???

mmnn might hekp

Hi

I often use illustrator ans convert into swf files
    it is a problelm. I find I have to combine as many of the objects as I can in illustrator first, then once I have imported the graphic into flash I drill donw into each symbol and remove the shape and paste it into a new movieclip or graphic.

its a bit like rebuilding it again in flash, and at 1200 symbols this option isnt really possible... I guess you have expanded all objects in illustrator first..???

sorry if its not much help - i would like to now a bit more about this too if anyone does know

ZA
    "All the worlds a stage and we are but one symbol in a movie clip on the frame of life.."

it doesn't seem to make much difference when i expand the objects...
    when i exported it out as layers, i found which layer it was giving me all the hastle - it was the wall i had made which has a pattern on it. i have tried expanding it, but it just breaks it into more shapes because it has a gradient on it (i think).

another problem is when i export each part of my image, then when i open it in flash, it has gone all wierd... i had drawn a lamp shade which has a fil and stroke in the same shape, when imported into flash, there was a stroke in the shape of the lamp shade, and a filled rectangle around it.