A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: iframes? how? where?

iframes? how? where?

hey im mkaing a site and im thinking of making a flashversion and my question is simple, can u use iframes in swf file? i think ive read it in a bible or help file but im not sure if so then how do i control it? is there a tutorial on this? is it too hard for me ?

Banned
    First, graphics or pictures in signatures, should be no largerthan 300*40 here on FK.

If you're talking Iframe within an .swf, no don't think so, since no html content (outside of some html1.0 formated text...) can be set in a Flash movie.

If you're talking about a Flash movie transparent and over some background html, you can look into this...

http://www.macromedia.com/support/fl...ents/wmode.htm
    Last edited by oldnewbie; 12-03-2004 at 09:48 AM.

correct me if i'm wrong, but I think iframes only work in netscape anyway...

Originally posted by iguanagirl32
    correct me if i'm wrong, but I think iframes only work in netscape anyway...
    IFrames work in Internet explorer. I know that it didn't work in older versions of netscape, but I am unsure of the newest version.
    Josh
    new to this flash thing

wel thats not what i was looking for, is there any method of getting the flashmovie to load text into a textbox from another file then? and just display it as static text

what sort of file?

If you want to control it via a web page: Look Here
    If you want to dynamically load something from a text file...this will do it

Josh
    new to this flash thing

same situation

I'm not sure if this is what he is asking, but I've got the same situation.

Say I have a page that I want to use a flash menu on, but the rest of the page is html. Inside of the flash menu you would want a certain html page to load within the targeted iframe. I'm having a problem getting the code to work within a button in actionscript to load to a targeted frame in the html page.

Any clues?

Thanks
    Jason

no no no ur problem is easy, just change the _parent _blank or whatever is in the target field and write the name of your iframe. in mine i want the whole site flash and it should load text from a txt doc. so it would be easier to update

Yea, the above solution will fix your problem Jason.

GrilledChi...if you follow the directions here it shows you how to dynamically load text from a text file. Let me know if you need some help, I might have a demo fla around here.
    Josh
    new to this flash thing

One solution that I use when I want to have a flash menu on a page is:

Put an I frame that is 100% width and height into an HTML page.

In that same page, put your Flash thing in. Remember that form elements override z-index of all other objects in the browser.

put you page content into the iframe.

Here's an example of a heir-menu system over an iframe.

Click here

i could've made the iframe 100% width and height and set the parent html with zero margins... anyway.

There are some other tricks that make this work, but hey, thats not the point.\

enjoy

tutash

does anyone here evenbother to read the posts thourroghly? btw its my birthday

From what I what I understand...you want to have a full flash site, and all the content will be loaded from a text document correct? If this is correct then if you would read the link I posted in my last TWO posts you would already have your answer. It tells you how to import, place, and scoll text from a text file. Now one more time:Here it is

If this is incorrect then you need to explain yourself better

HAPPY BIRTHDAY (no cake so you get a doughnut)
    Josh
    new to this flash thing

I read

My problem seems to be a bit different.

I'm going to play with it a little more before I worry too much.

The page is completely php, html, or whatever code you want to insert. The menu is flash. You should be able to load something in the target iframe, but I had some trouble so i'm starting from scratch and seeing if I can fix my problem. It's probably something simple.

EDITED:
    I just fixed it. Nevermind on my part of it.
    Last edited by jason7655; 06-23-2004 at 11:09 PM.

yea i saw the sites and downloaded the .fla file so i could check it out... it didnt work

hmm, I let me see if I have one on my comp to show you
    new to this flash thing