A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: popup windows

popup windows

Hi,

I used the EASY POPUP extension for flash to create a flash site with popup windows. Everything works well, but I want my main window which contains all the popup links to stay AT THE BACK of all popup windows ALL THE TIME (now when you click a link on the main page all opened popup windows dissapear behind my main window). I guess you have to do it with some HTML coding in the html file of my main movie. Does anybody have a clue?

thanks
    stanno

anyone please?

cum on

I would not suggest doing that. It would require javascript to automatically bring up the old windows that you want to be in front of the one they clicked on. I'm not sure if you can even do it, but it most likely wouldn't be very compatible with all the different browsers.

Hi:

This can interfere with some elements (form fields, etc.) on a page, and you will probably only have limited success with it, e.g., yours may not be the only site/window a surfer has open, etc., but:

<body onfocus="javascript:self.blur();">

-james
    Last edited by jamescover; 06-25-2004 at 06:22 AM.
    "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believed in him would not perish, but have everlasting life."

Image Popup Scripting Engine | Thumb PopUp Script | HTML Anchors w/Flash | Popup Script Generator | Seq. Img Swap | Img Swap | Browser Shake | Rand. Img Swap | Inline Img Swap | Screen Res. PopUp | Screen Resolution Popup Script