A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flipping objects/text vertical

Flipping objects/text vertical

How do you flip an object/letter vertically? The modify, transform, flip vertical doesn't really work.

If you open a new window and type a C, for example. Right click on frame 20 and select insert keyframe. Then do the same for frame 10. This after you have right clicked on frame 1 and selected create motion tween. On frame 10, if you select modify, transform, flip vertical, it does flip it, but after frame 10, it starts going back to its original position. So, if you do the modify, transform, flip vertical on frame 20 as well, it stays flipped, but it is upside down.

There must be a way to just do a complete 360 vertical flip, but I can't find it.

I'm using Flash 5.

try this:
    you got your 3 frames, all the same, say 1, 10 and 20.
    in fraem 10, transform, and flip whatever way you want.
    then motion tween 1 and 10, like you said. If it flips messed up still first check yout motion tweens and make sure you have the apropriate rotation and direction in there. If you do then try this:

goto frame 9 (add keyframe). this is now the frame right before it flips back. now you have frame 1 to frame 9 (no tween on 9) then 10 tweened with 20, so it's two seperate movements, they are just right next to one another.
    make scents?
    -Poyla

No, this doesn't work. Actually I have the Modify, transform, flip vertical on frame 10. SO, when you start the motion from frame 1, it starts to flip....at frame 10 it has flipped 180 degrees. However, from frame 10 to frame 20, it flips back to the original position, instead of continuing to flip. It reverses itself, in other words.

I want it to keep flipping so that the end result is a 360 degree flip.

Did you find a solution to this?