dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loaded .swf animation not syncing to streaming sound

Loaded .swf animation not syncing to streaming sound

Hello,

I am building an .EXE that loads various .SWFs into a movieclip. The loaded files have a voice-over sound track that needs to sync up to the animation. My sound is set to "Streaming" on the timeline for these loaded files, and they work fine when opened separately. However, when I load them into the .EXE, they play as if the sound has been set to "Event", and no syncronation occurs. I have heard about issues with sound stuttering in .EXEs played directly from CD-ROMs, but this issue is noticeable when all the files are loaded onto the desktop. I was noticing this problem on my Mac, but on the PC I'm testing it on. Could the solution for this be using Director to "shell" my Flash files? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

my guess

okay, i am not very sure about this but since this questions seems unanswered for a very long time - i thought it wouldn't hurt sharing my views.

Yes, I think director handles such things in a much better fashion. it would rather be nice if you would find out a work around in flash itself.

Provide more details about the file size of the final EXE. Does the exe kicks of immediately or do you have a buffer period before u kick of the animation. I doubt, but if you have the exe on download let us know - if it can help you testing it on a PC.

With more information around I am sure someone would be able to help you around.

Cheers,
    Shalin
    ScreenSwift For Flash
    Convert Flash Movie to ScreenSaver
    http://www.tenmiles.com/

Thanks for the reply. I did find a workaround -- I'm running the app as a .swf in a full-screen (Kiosk mode) browser window. All of the problems with the sound stuttering and the external .swfs loading in slowly were not alleviated by down loading the files from the CD_ROM to the desktop, so I can only assume that they were from playback issues with the embedded player. I'm guessing that the Flash player runs more effeciently inside Explorer than it does when wrapped up in an EXE.

Anyone out there have any other thoughts about this?

cool

I am glad you found a work around. I am now clear on what the actual was at your end. IE would probably load the OCX in it's memory and manages it more effectively.

If you don't mind try this - download our product Screenswift and try the same thing, let me know the results. You can PM me as it might not help the public forum as such. I think it should give u same results that Flash Player did.

If you are short on time no issues.

Cheers,
    Shalin Jain
    ScreenSwift For Flash
    Convert Flash Movie to ScreenSaver
    http://www.tenmiles.com/