A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Illustrator color shift?

Illustrator color shift?

I realize this is a cross-product issue, but I believe it starts in Flash MX 2004.

When I export out of MX 2004 to an Illustrator 8 sequence, I notice a colour shift when opening the AI files in Illustrator 10 (and 8), and when importing them into After Effects.

However, I notice no shift when opening them in Freehand. But if I save the AI file in Freehand (RGB, of course), it still imports into After Effects with the colour shift.

(The goal is to animate the AI sequence in After Effects.)

Does anyone know what's creating the colour shift, and how to maintain color in the AI files into After Effects?

Info:
    1. Illustrator opened the files as CMYK, which seems odd to me, and I couldn't find a pref to force it to do otherwise.
    2. After Effects works in RGB, and has never been able to import CMYK files for me.
    3. The color shift renders the colours darker, less saturated.

Thanks for your help,
    Steve

P.S. I'm using Windows XP Sp1, After Effects 6.5, Illustrator 10, and Flash MX 2004.

Thanks,
    Steve

I've been trying to solve this exact problem but in the opposite direction; from Illustrator TO Flash.

Take a look at my thread on this topic and see if you can reverse my procedure:

http://www.flashkit.com/board/showth...hreadid=600148