A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: style sheets and embedded fonts

style sheets and embedded fonts

I am going to be loading in some text through xml and want to be sure of a few layout issues.

First I am using MX 2004. 7 player

The text will be loaded into an array and then sorted out into the different areas of the site. The same text field will populate with different amounts of content based on what piece of content the user askes for and when.

I'm new to style sheets and xml and the lot but before I go down this long and slogging route.

Can I set my text field to except different style fonts that will be taken care of by the style sheet into the same text field.
    Example: text loads into text filed and the first 4 lines are in font "Sabon" then the next line is in font "Universe" and the rest of the lines are in let’s say "Denmark". When I play this online will all these fonts's show up as the style sheet has set.

How can I in flash state which line should be which font. The text field will populate different content throughout the site as called by the user.

Thanks for any help in advance.

I believe I've read that you can't use a stylesheet with an embedded font.

I thought that was only for static html.
    So if your using style sheets it can't be an embedded font that would mean you can only use system machine fonts like
    verdana,Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif.

Is this true.