A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: buttons with glass effect???

buttons with glass effect???

hi, i found this site which has some really cool buttons and i want to try and so something similar. i am only just starting with photoshop so i dont expect to get anything quite as good...but are there any tutorials outthere that could show me something similar, or some1 with the time would appreciate it. i like the 2 buttons with like glass over them, wow, they are soo cool!!!
    well thanks for reading! and help

link here

Serve Cold - Keep On Ice Mr. Tackle's Avatar
    yeah, they are really cool. and there are tons of tutorials on how to do it.

start here

I have an action that someone created for PS, i just type or draw and press the action and it does it for. Its nice when im in a hurry, or just comparing styles. but there are some tricks to getting it just right

hi, mmmm, well i´ve clicked about 10 or so of those websites, still looking...found some other really cool fx`s it seems there is an infinite amount of cool things to do! hehehe
    but i cant find what i want yet, ill keep looking...
    what is an action?
    could i see that? would you mind?
    thanks!

actions are like automated steps.

say you 100 images and you need to resize them all half the original size and export as a jpeg.

with actions you can record the process of doing one image like that and "play" the action for the other 99 images.

but thats kinda like cheating!

try expirimenting with transparency, and gradients.
    a tut

hi again, ok so i found a few more tutorials, and i have been giving it a go for a while now, and its not too bad, i can sort of get a glass like effect over my buttons
    thanks for that, i was wondering though if there is somewhere i can get this action you have? or something similar...just to try out see if it looks any better...it takes so long to follow all the steps, i´ve tried 2 tutorials so far, and well, theyre ok.....
    anyways, thanks for the help, and if you dont wanna chare it, i understand! peace!

how would you do the glass effect with flash mx???

its all just tranparency and gradients.

follow some of the tutorials for PS many of the same techniques can be appliyed in flash

i have been playing with gradients alot in flash, here is an itunes style button i did. i think i posted one another time but his one might be better
    Attached Files Attached Files