dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Brazil win Copa America in style

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar

Brazil win Copa America in style

That game made the European Championship final look tame, despite having to take the win in a penalty shoot out.

Could any other country in world take (essentially) their second string team to a major tournament and come away with the trophy?

I think not.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Señor member
    I'm interested as a Gooner to know how Edu is doing for the Brazil team at the moment as he seems to have got a few caps now. What's the opinion of him?
    Company, Meet Creative
    ------------------------
    welcomebrand

An Inconvenient Serving Size hurricaneone's Avatar
    Perreira (national manager) seems to rate him, as he started every game in the tournament. Though he, Edu, was substituted twice by Dudu. Only in Brazil, Dudu in for Edu.

He (the manager) specifically stated that he would use this tournament to blood upcoming Brazilian talent, so Edu must be considered that at least. I thought he gave good, solid performances.

Others, to mention Gustavo Nery and Kleberson (was he really worth it, Alex?), were not so great. Seems they play decent club football but cannot be relied upon to (consistantly) raise their game to the international level. Nery would make a great play, take the ball away and then pass it right back to the other team. Kleberson simply looked out of his depth, awed by those he faced.
    Stand by for emergency synapse rerouting

Running Plodding & Limping SpockBert's Avatar
    hopefully you'll see my man Rodrigo Defendi playing in that competition in years to come