dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: old school mac, needs a cd burna that won't quit yeah?

Hybrid View

old school mac, needs a cd burna that won't quit yeah?

Hey- anyone remember me? it has been like a year since i've been on here! LOL. i work at a sucky ass new job and they wont give me flash, wtf. i do 2d cad randerings and it's boring as hell.

anyway at home i have a mac g4 and got it in 2000. i have a sony spressa cd burner and it used to work fine with itunes, but just stopped for no reason. i didn't change any settings or anything. i called apple and spent the 50 bucks for help, and then they told me to upgrade to OS 9.2, when 9.1 used to work just fine so why should i upgrade!?

so i didn't. i think that would just throw another variable into the mix when all i wanna do is fix what i have that USED TO WORK.

anyway it may be time for a new burner, does anyoen have a recommendation? i looked into lacie on apple's site but even then, users complained of problems. why can't they just make one that works with a mac consistently

thanks
    sizzamn
    maybe one day i will finish my page
    "You can't be let down if you don't expect the world" -Nick Hexum

Re: old school mac, needs a cd burna that won't quit yeah?

Originally posted by skitten78

anyway it may be time for a new burner, does anyoen have a recommendation? i looked into lacie on apple's site but even then, users complained of problems. why can't they just make one that works with a mac consistently

thanks
    I got a Lacie for the G4 at work...it lasted about 3 months and then stopped working, I called Apple center and they told me it was still under warranty...........I just got a Zip drive instead.....its only for smaller files anyway, and I can still use the G4's internal CD for loading CD's.

Tony

I have an external (firewire) TDK 440N DVD-R, and it's lasted me for over an year with zero problems.

I have an internal TDK 440N inside of my PC as well. No problems either. If you can, pop in a firewire card - if you don't have it already - and get either a TDK or a Plextor. They seem to be the better ones out.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

??

Anyone else?
    sizzamn
    maybe one day i will finish my page
    "You can't be let down if you don't expect the world" -Nick Hexum