A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Opening Separate Browser Window To Size

Opening Separate Browser Window To Size

I have a button in a Flash Movie that I need to script to open another _Blank window which will be an HTML page only (no Flash Content).

What I want is the HTML document in the blank window to open at a smaller fixed size (say 300x300) so that it does not entirely obscure my Flash movie in the background. The HTML page will only contain a registration form, so it does not need a menu bar - just a close box in the browser.

I have been trying to get this to work using "Get URL" and I see where I can set a _blank window, but no size?

Any Idea how to do this?

heya,

try this:

on (release) {
    varHeight = "300";
    varWidth = "300";
    getURL("javascript:window.open('yourPopupLink.html ','homepage','width=300,height=300,top='+((screen. availHeight/2)-(" add varHeight/2 add "))+',left='+((screen.availWidth/2)-(" add varWidth/2 add "))); void(0);");

}

this will also center the popup
    good luck!
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

What I want is the HTML document in the blank window to open at a smaller fixed size (say 300x300).

Popup Script Generator in my footer...

-james
    "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believed in him would not perish, but have everlasting life."

Image Popup Scripting Engine | Thumb PopUp Script | HTML Anchors w/Flash | Popup Script Generator | Seq. Img Swap | Img Swap | Browser Shake | Rand. Img Swap | Inline Img Swap | Screen Res. PopUp | Screen Resolution Popup Script

Thanks EvolveDesigns for the script. I added it to a button in Flash and it opened a blank window, but that was it?

jamescover,
    I think your Script generator solved my problem - thank you so much for the link!

look for this part in the script:

yourPopupLink.html

change it to the name of the page you want to open
    Evolve Designs Interactive Media
    the natural selection

I think your Script generator solved my problem - thank you so much for the link!

Great! Glad I could help.

BTW, I rewrote the script last night using a textarea, instead of innerHTML, so this one is IE & NN4+ compatable.

I think it's much nicer too--check it out, if you get a chance.

-james
    "God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten son, so that whosoever believed in him would not perish, but have everlasting life."

Image Popup Scripting Engine | Thumb PopUp Script | HTML Anchors w/Flash | Popup Script Generator | Seq. Img Swap | Img Swap | Browser Shake | Rand. Img Swap | Inline Img Swap | Screen Res. PopUp | Screen Resolution Popup Script