A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Loading Jpgs on timescale??

Loading Jpgs on timescale??

I want to load a different jpeg every month on a certain part of my site. I have no idea of the code needed to load a jpg dynamically as i am not a coder. Could you please tell me how to load the jpgs and how i would get the site to automatically cycle from say 1.jpg, 2.jpg, 3.jpg etc every month

P.S. I know there are plenty of posts about loading jpegs but i really need basic stuff here lol, have great ideas but can't execute them all.

Thanx

Paul
    Last edited by black_sonix; 06-30-2004 at 08:58 PM.

This is a pretty easy way to do it - it creates a movie clip in whatever timeline you put the code and then fills it with a different jpg based on the month (january = 1.jpg, february = 2.jpg, etc).
    Code:
    this.createEmptyMovieClip("photo_mc",0);
    myDate = new Date();
    photo_mc.loadMovie((myDate.getMonth()+1)+".jpg");
    It will put the top, left corner of the image at the register point (0,0) of the timeline it's in. If you don't like that, you can change it by putting a line like "photo_mc._x = ..." or "_y".
    Hope this helps.

nice one mate, ill give that a try

Paul

I want to load a different swf file on a certain part of my site. I know this is possible using loadMovieNum method but I have no idea of the code needed to load swf file dynamically. Could you please tell me how to load the swf file and how i would get the site to automatically cycle from say 1.swf, 2.swf, 3.swf