A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: importing scenes?

importing scenes?

Is there any way to get a scene from one movie to another?

I made a preloader in one seperate file but I want the preloader to be in many different swfs... do i have to reconstruct the preloader in every single file??

any help would be wonderful,

stevie

Let's say you have a preloader in Main.swf. If Main.swf loads another swf file, that swf file can use the preloader in Main.swf. You just have to leave it out on the stage and tell it to act as a preloader for the new movie, or export it for actionscript.

mmmmph.. that sounds very confusing for a beginner like me.. is there no other way??

Well what I do is I just have a preloader in Main.swf. It always stays on the stage. I set it up so it can be a preloader for anything you tell it to. So in the beginning I do something like Loader.Check( _root);. So the preloader does it's thing until Main.swf is loaded and then disappears. Whenever I load a new page, I load it into an empty movieclip called Page. So then I do Loader.Check( Page );. The preloader reappears, does its thing, and disappears when Page is loaded.

When all else fails, you could just copy the preloader into all of your movies. Preloaders don't take up that much space, so you should be okay. =)