A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: advice on flash site

advice on flash site

Thanks in advance.

I am working on a site where each page is nothing but a flash movie. What I mean is that each page is a .swf with dimensions of 1000 X 700 pixels. The html pages will be nothing but a centered movie. My question is : Should I publish an html page with each movie, Or should I have one html page that plays each movie. I hope you understand the dilemma I face.

hi,

You can use just swf instead of html pages, many people do this, but most have a html web page alternative for those how do have flash player or don’t want to use flash player. Putting your swf on a web page I don’t think makes any real difference unless you want a web page for some reason. Here is just one example of a web page that’s .swf and not html:

http://svt.se/hogafflahage/hogafflaH...r/hestekor.swf

I hope this helps in some small way

Cheers
    Rabid Lemming

I will wait for death with a smile and a big stick

Well, that site does not seem to do much.

My site has numerous pages with text and and pictures. So, can I make one big movie, or have one html page call the next. The main thing I worry about is the preloader. If the site is one constant movie, where do I draw the line on file size. I do not want people to get tired of waiting and leave.

If your worried about movie size you can allway make many smaller external movies that load into the parent movie.